Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just checked a quote as I'm doing insurance renewal soon, and it's only £100 per YEAR, to insure a 2008 Yamaha YZF-R125 onto my policy with my 600rr :crackup:

BUT what got me thinking is, running one is VERY cheap...plus i can crash/drop and fudge it up and remember, it's just a horrible yamaha :drunk: ever wondered what its like to just smash a bike into a wall...for fun? I could do that!! :D Sportbike ice-skating??

sorry but i cannot do a piddly little cruiser commuter thing, has to be a sportbike...or i'll mess up my being acustomed to the sportbike riding position for years, ok fine, that yamaha MIGHT just look...reasonably good looking, for a yamaha

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Just checked a quote as I'm doing insurance renewal soon, and it's only £100 per YEAR, to insure a 2008 Yamaha YZF-R125 onto my policy with my 600rr :crackup:

BUT what got me thinking is, running one is VERY cheap...plus i can crash/drop and fudge it up and remember, it's just a horrible yamaha :drunk: ever wondered what its like to just smash a bike into a wall...for fun? I could do that!! :D Sportbike ice-skating??

sorry but i cannot do a piddly little cruiser commuter thing, has to be a sportbike...or i'll mess up my being acustomed to the sportbike riding position for years, ok fine, that yamaha MIGHT just look...reasonably good looking, for a yamaha
U convinced me, I want one, how much is it selling for

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i was thinking on the tax side here in the UK is like £16 a year (I pay £56 for the RR) fuel, i pay on average twice what these run on, just cheap cheap cheap, £100 extra (on my £1000 for the RR) to insure this with no security just leaving it outside haha, anyway in the UK you can pick these up for £2k in good condition and i think they only made these 2008+ so its a new bike, $3k dollar wise

i was wondering about taking a cheap £1k cosmetic damaged one and fixing it up...they're all averaging 105MPG (like 2.5x better than my RR) on fuelly, i could save a bit mon-fri commuting on one of these! (also yea i'd like to mess about with it on some closed roads, and if its already crashed i won't give 2 shats)

annoyingly a brand new one used to pass me everyday on the way to work when i just moved to the country again and didn't have any wheels...

just read the mcn test who said in 2008 it was the yamaha for them, 78 MPH top! not bad for a 125 4 stroke

check out the arrow slipon:

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
had acbr 150 rr in Thailand for 4 yrs+....

loved the thing.

geared it very long and could get really cheap (and sometimes failure prone!) aftermarket parts, to lighten it up and suspend it better. (250 lbs wet and an awesome 15 hp.)

would cruise at 130-140 kph all day long,topped out at about 160 (with a decent tailwind!).

80 mph gave me about 80 mpg.

tires lasted about 10-12 k km.

bitchin' bike - and wish i had it here!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That thing is sweet. I want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
yea my CBF125 back in the day ran on air or something...barely put any fuel in it and road everyday like i still do now(but paying £100's in fuel), only problem is the ones i like(these) fetch good prices BUT

just seen one thats going for what i spent to get an immaculate 2004 600rr(the one the bus hit), it's a 2011 model;

and he's put

- full akropovic system
- power commander 5 with software disk, box, custom map and printout,
- k and n air filter
- tailtidy
- CF tankpad

the dude is mad! (well i did a full leo vince on a CBF125 as well as CF goodies and doubble bubble screens, so this dude is as mad as me!) does look nice though :)

be good to put michelin road 3's on this thing(if they do them this size) you'd get a zillion miles a set, now if only one like the one above was going for £340 not £3400..haha i'd buy it in 2 seconds, you can get the early R6's for much cheaper than this, problem is in the UK then i wouldn't get the massive fuel and insurance savings

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
I like that Yama it would be just right fir city riding

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like that Yama it would be just right fir city riding
yea exactly the mpg is, well alot more than my RR:shakehand i just want a bike to mess about on, that doesnt matter as much to me, my RR is my transport to work etc as well so i generally don't race about knee dragging and wheelie'ing, i think that R125 would be alot of fun, i saw a bunch of 125's up in the peaks on a road called the cat and fiddle here in the UK, i'd probably the only one people see choosing to ride one and not having an L plate on the front, everyday wants to get off 125's, and im wanting to buy one haha

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been considering this also - I think they're cracking looking little things and they're soooooooo cheap to run. Just silly expensive to buy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts