Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a few years back. I was riding a Yamaha Seca 400 (my first bike). I was giving a guy I know a ride to work. I told him to hold on to my waist and he said he was fine holding on to the rear grab bar. So I end up accelerating hard at one point...maybe popped the clutch...I got some front tire lift. And next thing I see are both of his shoes at eye level and his leg from knee to shoe going past my ears.

He had begun to flip off the back while still holding onto the grab bar. He was flat on his back....with his head probably below my tail light. Luckily I have ninja like reflexes...so I jammed on the brakes hard and since he was still holding the hand rail...he flipped back up and onto the bike. He then made me stop the bike...proceeded to cry...and walked to work.

Only time I've ever lost a passenger...also the only time I've ever caught one. True story.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Exactly why I would never ride on the back of a bike:

1) don't want to grab another man's waist
2) don't want to flip off the back.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
BH600 said:
Exactly why I would never ride on the back of a bike:

1) don't want to grab another man's waist
2) don't want to flip off the back.
+1

·
Registered
418 Posts
id rather hold the waist, nothing wrong with it, not like im grabbing his crotch, last time i rode on the back, my friend popped two wheelies, i damn near fell off the back each time. Afterwards he told me wasnt expecting my weight to cause the wheel to come up so high, best wheelies he had so far

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
BH600 chkaotic
:Stupid: I also make it a point not to have a dude ride with me. That's a little :Supergay:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thats happened to me too, except I was the passenger, it was 630 in the morninig, and my dad was giving me a ride to work on his 600RR. he decided to give it some pep and I began to fall back, so I reached forward and grabbed his tits(for lack of better word) and the bike wheelied.

Perfect morning waker-upper!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I had to give my brother a ride home from the body shop after he crashed his car. Worst 10 minutes of my life, I think I saw everyone I went to highschool with.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would never ride on the back of a sportbike, especially since it always happens to be your crazy friends that want to give you rides on the back, and you know what that means.

plus iv heard the only acceptable time its allowed for a guy to ride on the back of a bike is if he's carring 2 12 packs of bear in his hands haha. <---but i dont drink. whatver haha

- Aaron

N

·
0 Posts
PreppyR6 said:
id rather hold the waist, nothing wrong with it, not like im grabbing his crotch, last time i rode on the back, my friend popped two wheelies, i damn near fell off the back each time. Afterwards he told me wasnt expecting my weight to cause the wheel to come up so high, best wheelies he had so far
If it comes down to grabbing the rider's crotch to prevent from flipping back or eat pavement at 80 mph, then I'm all for grabbing his crotch......LOL!!! :mrgreen:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts