Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought my first Honda street bike. I went with the 09 CBR600rr. And from reading through the forums i have concluded that there is not a no cut frame slider kit.

Now i want to make sure of this, even if the advertisement says it is a (no cut) frame slider kit, that is just a bunch of BS. Am i correct to say that?

And if so dose anyone have any hints on lining your mark up properly so the hole for the slider is exactly where it is suppose to be? Perhaps someone might have a step by step walk through on installing them. As someone in another post said dont trust a mechanic to do body work, and im a mechanic so i need all the help i can. I could rebuild the engine w/ my eyes closed, but it takes me 45 min to make sure i have my tank scratch pad on even! AHAH

And one other question i have is, has anyone made there own fender eliminator kit? And if so can you post some ideas.
Or dose anyone know where to get one for less than $100 beans?

·
Registered
93 Posts
umm no there is a no cut slider kit for the 09. check out ebay and so on, its where i purchased mine, i dont know if im allowed to say the business name so i wont.But you can buy them

·
Registered
509 Posts
there are a couple of posts floating around the forum for a marking bolt for your plastics. Basically its a mounting bolt that has been sharpened into a point to mark the inside of your plastics. Depending on your local shop and the quailty of your mechanics, it might be worth it to have them do it for about a bill. Personally, I have not heard of a name brand company making no cuts for the 09 model and the reason is there is no where to put them.. too much plastics. Either way, they are often weak and the bracket brakes and not only is your bike trashed, but you just shelled out 200 bucks. Plain and simple... cut your fairings or just ride without.

·
Registered
16 Posts
umm no there is a no cut slider kit for the 09. check out ebay and so on, its where i purchased mine, i dont know if im allowed to say the business name so i wont.But you can buy them
Did you buy one? I'd love to see a pic since I can't imagine how you could do a no-cut with the full lowers on the 09/10.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts