Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where i can get a decent alarm for my bike? on ebay? i see a few but they are really cheap so i figure they werent any good... any sugestions?

Sorry i didnt know what forum to post it under...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thanks... im tracking a few on ebay as we speak!...how much the installation for one of these go for? my friend told me he can instal it but i rather have shop do it so its done right...

·
Registered
360 Posts
I called about Lojack from my local Honda dealer...they wanted $755 plust tax! That seems ridiculous. I'd rather just hope they don't recover mine if it gets stolen.

·
Registered
903 Posts
cojolio said:
cool thanks... im tracking a few on ebay as we speak!...how much the installation for one of these go for? my friend told me he can instal it but i rather have shop do it so its done right...
I know what you mean about getting someone to install it "right" but I have to say even though i'm no wrench head i did the simple installation in about 1 hour.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have learned ONE things about alarms...unless you PROPERLY without a shadow of a doubt do PERFECT wiring work...you are gonna have problems. I did with my Scorpio, cause of the engine Kill Feature.

Alarms only stop an Honest person

·
Registered
283 Posts
I like alarms, but I mainly like it for the paging option.

I don't trust a good samaritan to be around when the alarm goes off, but unless I'm strapped down and gassed out in the doctors office, I am up and running to the bike when I get the alarm page.

Its funny when I'm in a movie theatre or something with other riders. Since we all park near each other, any one of us gets a page and we all go running.

·
Registered
454 Posts
LMAO...I never go anywhere I cannot see the bike in PLAIN VIEW. That includes Movie theatres

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol aight, i probably wont install it myself, i just gotta shop around here because there are only like 2 shops around and they have a monopoly with the prices...sucks...

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
envirocbr said:
LMAO...I never go anywhere I cannot see the bike in PLAIN VIEW. That includes Movie theatres
Same here....no need for an alarm...I'm already around my bike at all times when it is not in my private garage sleeping. I take care of my precious and guard her well. =-)

·
Registered
899 Posts
if you get the scorpio alarm, its cake to install...no real wiring just plug in and your set, hardest part is taking the rear fairing off

·
Registered
903 Posts
dballer324 said:
if you get the scorpio alarm, its cake to install...no real wiring just plug in and your set, hardest part is taking the rear fairing off
+1, make sure you get the special wiring for your year

·
Registered
799 Posts
I heard the Scorpio alarms kick butt. I'm looking to get one soon cause I live in a condo and have a car port not garage. right now I have a big "F-ing" chain that wraps throught the wheel-swingarm-and a pole...

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
You're wasting time and money!!! I am fairly sure you can get it cheaper and right away if you get it from MRI or another online vendor. Call Nick at Ridersinc or try www.mysimon.com so many people use ebay now it's hard to get a good deal. I was watching scorpio alarms on ebay for many months then I got a better quote from MRI than I ever saw one go for on ebay.

cojolio said:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts