Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi recently i received a 98 Civic Si with 50k miles. Ive been spending way too much time with this car and kinda neglecting the bikes lol But im looking to tint the car tastefully, and i dont like really dark tint. I was thinking about going 35 all around, but a freind kinda convinced me to go 20 in the back. Its a coupe btw. Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
hai u, i want tint but i dont like tint so im like hmm do i want tint when i don't like tint or do i dont want tint when i dont like tint????????

I'd be more inclined to be nice if you knew how to use this forum (ie, not posting in the CBR category about a car).

Check the legal limit in Canada and go as low as possible on the windows where it's regulated. Most states don't have a maximum darkness allowed on the rear window.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
This site used to be useful :(

Id be more inclined if you would go **** yourself and learn to ride. ******* internet whore!
aahhhahahahahahahaha

:tard:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
What colour is the car? .... that might help a bit. My toy is silver with a lighter tint that is almost reflective (but not "tinfoil" reflective) .. LOL ..
And I agree this thread is in the wrong section. :icon_stud

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Hi recently i received a 98 Civic Si with 50k miles. Ive been spending way too much time with this car and kinda neglecting the bikes lol But im looking to tint the car tastefully, and i dont like really dark tint. I was thinking about going 35 all around, but a freind kinda convinced me to go 20 in the back. Its a coupe btw. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Where are you from?

I'm just curious as the US never had a 98 Civic Si

Just making sure someone didn't sell you a car that was labeled wrong

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dark tint helps with heat in the daytime, but it messes with nighttime visibility. I like to be able to see clearly what's behind me...if there's a cop three cars back with his light off or if someone is coming up way too fast. I drive mostly at night, so I had zero tint on my car for many years. Now when I drive a car with dark tint I feel like I can't see anything.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
20 in the back and back sides, 35 on the front sides.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i love darker tints
i got 30s all around because i didnt want to be pulled over (gotten 3 tints tickets since)
but i still wish i went with 20s at times

i dont really like mis-matching, it just doesnt look right to me, to have 35s in the front and 20s in the back, plus the front will look even lighter since more light will come in through the windshield

·
Premium Member - BOTM 02/2010
1,540 Posts
I have 5% all around. you get used to it at night. just have to roll the windows down when backing up. lol

tastefully, not too dark, i'd say go 20% or 35% all around. you'll be happy with either.

Let us know what you decide

outside view

front driver side (5%, no factory privacy glass)

rear passenger side (5% over factory 20% privacy glass)

looking inside from drivers side door

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
^^^^Gotta take those rims off in the winter or else they're going to get all F'ed up...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts