Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics from my trip to deals gap, new year when I go back I will have proper pants and boots.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yep, and while I was up there there were three more bikes parts added to that tree, thankfully none of mine

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
nice man! im digging the silver tribal!

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Nice pics and great looking bike. Can we get some still pics of it?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
caffeine, you live in asheville, I want to move up there but am having issues finding a job, I am a supervisor for a telecommunications company, any ideas??

N

·
0 Posts
Just some criticizism (sp?).

You look really tense on the bike. Arms are stiff/locked, and you got a death grip. Too much weight on the front.

And with all these bad form, riding the Deals Gap is probably not the best place to being practice your form. Just my .02

But other than that, the scenery always did look good there.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
actually I wasnt that tense it just may look that way, and if you look my arms are bent. As for the being too far forward I only 5'3 so its a little tough to get farther back, if you have any tips lemme know

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are some more pics I took today, as requested pics of the windscreen and one shot after I put on some rim tape

·
Registered
306 Posts
Vaep0r said:
caffeine, you live in asheville, I want to move up there but am having issues finding a job, I am a supervisor for a telecommunications company, any ideas??
Those sorts of jobs are really few and far between here in western NC. I looked for the job I have now for over a year (systems admin). Good luck though. If you need anything that I can help you with (local papers, etc) just let me know. There are stacks of killer roads around here and they are building two tracks within 2 hours of here real soon.

N

·
0 Posts
Vaep0r said:
actually I wasnt that tense it just may look that way, and if you look my arms are bent. As for the being too far forward I only 5'3 so its a little tough to get farther back, if you have any tips lemme know
That's the most common answer riders will give you when you mention something like that. Trust me, you're tight. You may feel like you're not but pictures don't lie. I know because I was the same way. Thought the same thing.

5'3"? Ickysticky (forum member - female) is 5'3" and she's not only fast but really relaxed. So, height is not a factor.

Just loosen your grip, lower your upper body, and relax your upper shoulders/arms/wrist. Trust me, you're tight.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks nem I will defininatly work on that before I head up next year, of course by then I will have boots and some "real" pants, having some more gear will probably help me relax even more.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Nemesis said:
That's the most common answer riders will give you when you mention something like that. Trust me, you're tight. You may feel like you're not but pictures don't lie. I know because I was the same way. Thought the same thing.

5'3"? Ickysticky (forum member - female) is 5'3" and she's not only fast but really relaxed. So, height is not a factor.

Just loosen your grip, lower your upper body, and relax your upper shoulders/arms/wrist. Trust me, you're tight.
And Nem KNOWS a tight male the moment he sets sight........

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol thats great, not nice, but funny

1 - 20 of 28 Posts