Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just got some pics from my first trackday at Miller Motorsports Park the other day, and figured I'd post them up. These are all from the west course.

My favorite one overall, on turn 1:

turn 2:

approaching the hairpin:

in the hairpin:

turn 6 (right after the hairpin):

and the final turn coming onto the straight:

I had a blast and learned a LOT about how to corner on the bike. I started out super slow, and even though I thought I was getting off the bike, my upper body was still way high. Once I realized that getting my upper body down more helped a ton, I started getting a lot faster and a lot more confident in the corners. I know I still have a fair bit to learn, but I'm definitely pleased with the progress I made since this was my first time at the track.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Nice pictures. a couple of my friends did the same track day. They said it was awesome compared to the ART day go-kart track

·
Banned
2,603 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Technically Friday evening then all day Saturday, but yeah. I'm itching to get back to the track now too, lol. I knew I'd be hooked, but yeah, didn't know I'd be quite this hooked already :)

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
Technically Friday evening then all day Saturday, but yeah. I'm itching to get back to the track now too, lol. I knew I'd be hooked, but yeah, didn't know I'd be quite this hooked already :)
I don't think many of us did :shakehand

·
Registered
301 Posts
Congrats man those are some sweet pics. I did my first track day last month and like you, I though I was hanging off the bike at the beginning, until I looked at some pictures of myself :crackup:. I later found out that I had adjusted my rearsets waay to high and had to lower them. Once I did that I was able to adjust my body a whole lot easier and drag knee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts