Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, yesterday was a great day for me...i bought a brand new 2008 cbr600rr and i love it. however, i hear a slight ticking on the left side of the bike when i am barely into the throttle cruising.. i am wondering if this is normal.. i am at about 180 miles thus far. i have been keeping it under 7-8000 rpms, trying to break it in right. also, when i get on the breaks hard, the front breaks, i hear them squeak a bit... i think this is because its so new... do i have anything to worry about or am i being paranoid??? :puke:

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you ask me man, your just being paranoid. I would keep do as the owners manual says for the break in and if the "noises" still are making you nervous then take her in. As far as the brakes, Id say they just need to be worn in. The only have 180 miles on them!!! Happy Riding!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man... i would say you are right... Hondas are tough as nails as far as the engines go, Im speaking from driving Honda cards for years... i am assuming the bikes are no different. :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
if i had to guess about a ticking noise on teh left side i would assume its the chain. check the tension on your chain to make sure its not too far outta wack, i had to adjust mine within the first 150 miles. makes sure its properly lubed and cleaned, other than that the chain will always make some noise. my brakes squeaked when they were new also but not anymore. hope that helps a little..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i had to guess about a ticking noise on teh left side i would assume its the chain. check the tension on your chain to make sure its not too far outta wack, i had to adjust mine within the first 150 miles. makes sure its properly lubed and cleaned, other than that the chain will always make some noise. my brakes squeaked when they were new also but not anymore. hope that helps a little..

Thanks man. I am going to take her out to the shop today and see about getting her chain tightened... Looks like it might have some extra play in it. :director:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts