Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my jardine race slip on for quite a while-couple years maybe. I always knew it was loud.

BUT, today I went riding with a few friends and throughout the morning we kept switching bikes (two of them have new ducati's and were sharing). On one ride I was behind my 600rr and I was SHOCKED at how loud it sounds when you're on the throttle hard. Holy fcuk was it loud. Maybe it needs repacking, I dont know. Police enforcement in the canyons is only getting worse, even in these winter months so if I get ONE ticket for how loud it is I'm putting the stock pipe back on.

just wanted to share my surprise....

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
haha, yeah i knew the sucka was loud when i started wearing earplugs and lost em one day and had to ride home without them, oh my, my poor ears were assaulted...

its my weapon against annoying cagers tho... you drive like a dummy, ill drop to 3rd or 2nd and hold it at about 9k rpm beside you for a while.

·
19,904 Posts
yeah... ...

·
19,904 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
snikwad said:
...the RT-1 doesnt have the loudest idle, or even low revs, but crank that sucka open and the Jardine is like no other.[/QUOTE] thats been my experience too. at idle its got a nice low growl, just burbling on. On the throttle and its an F1 car sound. I hear ya SnikwaD on the noise being useful, but its more a liability around these riding parts-rumor has it one over zealous CHP is actually carrying a noise meter now. WTF? As [i]IF[/i]...

·
19,904 Posts
ha ha, y'all can keep that cali bs... ooo weee. east coast baby

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
+1 on the jardine sound. my boy has one. it screams up top, sounds real nice.
for the price and sound of that badboy...its a good choice.

cali sucks a**! too many damn laws, rules and regulations. lol

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
My nephew has one on his and the sound is music to my ears when cruising with him. I have the Arata and he got tired of not being able to hear his bike when we ride. Now his is probably as loud as mine. I was really impressed with the Jardine when we put it on. It's a great pipe for a great price. He got his for $100.

·
Curve Connoisseur
916 Posts
i picked up an 03 RR in november with a RT-1 carbon fiber jardine, question is .....how do i know if it's race or street?....i haven't had a chance to really ride it yet?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
pantablo said:
thats been my experience too. at idle its got a nice low growl, just burbling on. On the throttle and its an F1 car sound.

I hear ya SnikwaD on the noise being useful, but its more a liability around these riding parts-rumor has it one over zealous CHP is actually carrying a noise meter now. WTF? As IF...
u got to be joking me about the CHPs carrying noise-meters....

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'm going to get the QMI insert for my RT-1 Race. Sometimes it's just too loud....gets on my nerves. Anyone experienced with this thing? It's about 25 bucks. Jardine says it reduces sound by about 6-9 db's. Now, I didn't notice any big power increase over the stock can when I put my Jardine on.....I wonder what the results will be.

·
19,904 Posts
jardine makes descent power man, its been proven...
i think you should just get ear plugs instead...

·
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher
2,160 Posts
snikwad said:
jardine makes descent power man, its been proven...
i think you should just get ear plugs instead...
That is the way I roll. I need earplugs on the highway. The noise becomes a disturb factor after a good amount of miles.... while on the track/twisties its PERFECT for the mood ;)

BUY SOME PLUGS PANTABLO!!! :icon_pidu

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
~BLACK ICE~ said:
That is the way I roll. I need earplugs on the highway. The noise becomes a disturb factor after a good amount of miles.... while on the track/twisties its PERFECT for the mood ;)

BUY SOME PLUGS PANTABLO!!! :icon_pidu

dude, I ALWAYS run with earplugs. Yesterday I didnt put them in when I rode the other bike (stock pipes, malibu canyons-so no wind noise to speak of).

SnikwaD-its a small price to pay for having year round riding, 3 race tracks that run all year within 1-2 hrs drive and loads of great canyon riding also all within 1/2-1 hr. Hell, malibu is 10 minutes away for me... Oh, and it was 80F yesterday too...hahaha. You can keep your east coast...

·
19,904 Posts
we'll see who has the last laugh when that CHP with the sound meter gets you

·
Curve Connoisseur
916 Posts
Qwikk said:
i picked up an 03 RR in november with a RT-1 carbon fiber jardine, question is .....how do i know if it's race or street?....i haven't had a chance to really ride it yet?

anyone know the answer to this?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm guessing the street version has a visible insert. call Jardine directly and ask them what to look for:
Jardine Performance Products
1180 West Railroad Street, Corona, CA 92882
Tel: 951-739-5900

·
19,904 Posts
when you all find te answer let me know, because i dont know wich i have either.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts