Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across a classified ad for a 2008 graffiti and went down to check it out with a friend who already owns an 09 CBR600rr. The ad had the bike listed for $7000, and mods include the following:

Two bros. Titanium slip on
Flush mount LED turn signals
Woodcraft frame sliders

Also...

Honda extended warranty

The bike has 6800 miles on it, and the seller is the original owner. It looks like I will probably need new tires for it, and possibly a new chain since it looked like it had not been lubricated regularly, but that's debateable. The bike has also fallen twice from a standstill, once because the guy forgot to put down the kickstand, and another time because of wind while left outside. However the bike has no damage to the fairings or plastics whatsoever, the framesliders were the only part of the bike with scratches.

When my friend rode the bike, he said that it felt like it was slightly pulling to the right, but the rear tire was severely under inflated, so we're thinking that was the culprit. We are going to check out the bike later this week so we will get a chance to check it out with properly inflated tires and better weather (it was raining). Other than that he said the bike felt great.

The seller is entertaining the thought of letting the bike go for $6000, so that's the price I'm working with right now. I'm thinking that would be a great price, but I wanted to get some more opinions. Also is there anything else I should be looking for, or anything else that might need repairs? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey thanks for those fast replies. So I checked out that thread you linked, and I only saw one or two people who paid 7500ish OTD, and they are all in states not close to me. Should I try to get it for less than 6k? I mean this is my first 600 streetbike and I don't necessarily need something new. This bike needs almost no re-conditioning besides tires and a trip to the dealer for basic service and a once over.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to clear things up he was asking for 7k and had someone offer him 6k, that person never got back to him, and he had a friend offer him 5k who he said no way to, so figure I can get the bike for 6k, maybe a little less.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i think you could get it a little cheaper

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
^ +1

dont over pay

actually you should go do the course first b4 you buy. and if you live somewhere where it snows, wait until then, prices will drop even more!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
that is sooo true ive seen people practically give bikes away when its cold season

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If by course you mean the MSF beginner rider course yes I have taken it that's how I got my license. Ok so to put things into better perspective for me, what would you guys say is a fair price for the bike given its description and condition?

Also the seller bought the bike new in 2009 for $10,700 OTD.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
When my friend rode the bike, he said that it felt like it was slightly pulling to the right, but the rear tire was severely under inflated, so we're thinking that was the culprit. We are going to check out the bike later this week so we will get a chance to check it out with properly inflated tires and better weather (it was raining). Other than that he said the bike felt great.
Y didnt you ride the bike then?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was raining and the roads were wet so I didn't want to risk riding someone else's bike as a new rider under those conditions. We are going back later this week (supposed to be good weather) so I will ride it then.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It was raining and the roads were wet so I didn't want to risk riding someone else's bike as a new rider under those conditions. We are going back later this week (supposed to be good weather) so I will ride it then.

:bs:..............

i wouldnt buy it, not with winter/'11s around the corner ..

·
Registered
991 Posts
Ya, at least wait till the '11's come out and then even if you dont want to buy a new one the current generation ('07 - '10) will be even cheaper and it will be the cold season. I'd wait, thats not a "great" price and If it feels like its pulling one direction or another I would guess thats not tire pressure (if it is them pump them up!).

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
6K for an 08 to me seems like a good price imo, i paid $6900 for my 07 2 years ago, (Canadian :)) that being said i also agree w the comments above, riding season is slowly coming to an end, if you wait till off season you will def find a cheaper deal, and yes 2011's may be something to look at. If you really like it that much, get it, but think about it first :) good luck

·
Registered
359 Posts
Money talks put 5500 in his hand see what he acts like I think 6 is fair for that bike. You don't want to buy brand new unless you want to finance. The dealer kills you with warranty and gap and service

1 - 20 of 33 Posts