Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good rug to lay down on the garage floor to stand 2 bikes on? Anything special?

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
Uhm why?????
because he wants one... possibly to catch oil, grease, dirt, anything else that comes off a motorcycle after riding it... to keep tires from getting flat spots from sitting in the winter? maybe just to have something nice under it rather than cement.

or...

believe it or not some people take their motorcycles to these things called tracks... and some of these "tracks" require to have a sheet or "carpet" underneath the motorcycle.

14. Environmental safety

Riders must have a big sheet (carpet) under their motorcycle at every race, which does not let through any liquids and soaks residue up. (160cm x 100cm for bikes,

150cm x 200cm for Quads).

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Uhm why?????
oh the possibilities!!

but as said below, im sure his reason is covered there.
because he wants one... possibly to catch oil, grease, dirt, anything else that comes off a motorcycle after riding it... to keep tires from getting flat spots from sitting in the winter? maybe just to have something nice under it rather than cement.

or...

believe it or not some people take their motorcycles to these things called tracks... and some of these "tracks" require to have a sheet or "carpet" underneath the motorcycle.
indeed, much easier to pick up a dirty rug than to bust out the powerwasher and have to clean oil and sheit

G

·
I use those diamond printed garage matts and a peice of wood that I stainded to match the color. Works very well! Their cheep enough, you can get em at Sears, Home Depot, Lowes...or someplace like that.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
I have seen some pretty nice ones come off ebay, I imaging you could probably find some decent sized ones on there.

because he wants one
And thats the only reason needed.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
for the track my buddy has a massive checker flag for outside his camper! its awesome, i can ask him this weekend where he got it, it looks awesome with 2 bikes parked up on stands on it.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
They have those rubber mats that interlock like waffle blocks (kinda like legos) idk who makes them
Those are nice, but they dont keep the fluids from services, maintenance, or crashes off the garage floor. Plus if you drop a nut or something else in one of the holes its a pita to get out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just go to the carpet store and get scraps of the thin carpet and lay them all around under the car & bike, when they get skanky enough I just roll em' up and throw em' out. Nice doin work on a carpet instead of a concrete floor.

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Damn my bad I thought you were talking about the kind that have holes all in them. Those actually look pretty nice.
See, misunderstandings happen all the time, especially online. I beleive that fundamentally we can't understand each other (humanity) thermarest makes some (I think) but they might be too soft for motorcycles

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I use this awesome floral rug that i found in my house when i bought it. It's like 6x8 and can fit one bike easily and two a bit tight. But works perfect cuz it hides the little nuts and bolts I drop on the rug........

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Awesome guys. Yea, i forgot the reasons. comfortable to sit on when working on the bike, catches nuts and bolts and keeps them from rolling into Purgatory..., catch oil in the even of a leak, AND last but still very important, look good.

I saw someone with a checkered flag rug one time and it looked bad ass.

... Oh ****, I just did some more google images searching and found a pic from here... I think I know what i'm getting. they have this in a black and white checkered flag:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=221643

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.