Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a recked ninja 250 k1 for $400. damage is a broken head light. shatered nose, rash on right side faring, a lil rash on right sid of tail, broken tail light, scratched clutch cover. it also needs a battery. from what the previos owner told me the bike was origonaly bought for some ones wife. she never rode it so it was sold to him he side swiped a van that took his lane over(dont know how true this part is) the bike low sided and slide into another car. he had a new zx10r sitting in his drive way when I came to pic it up so I assumed thats why he didn't fix it. i took all the plastics off today. nothing is bent so i dont think it tumbled. I alredy sanded the tail and painted it black (rattle can), put it back on riged up a dirt bike head light and went riding. this thing is so narow and lite. Its very nimble. its so fun to ride even thou it lacks power and the brakes suck. Now I see why these are so popular. I'm going to use this as a comuter and i'm thinking of tracking my rr if I realy like the track. I havent done a track day yet. I'll just leave the ninja the way it is instead of getting new farings. I just need a tail light to be leagal, I want to upgrade the brakes and do some minor suspention work thou. I'm not wored about looks. it has less than 1000 mi on the odometor so I think most of what this kid said was true. I know 900 and change is hard to beleave for an 01. I have a clean title in hand no salvage. I had to say be carful w/ that zx10 judging from the looks of this kid and seeing the mileage on the 250 I got a fealing his 10r is gona end up scrap in a few weeks. I realy want better suspention and brakes so I can ebearas all the scrubs that I ride w/ buy taking them on a tight road and leaving them on a 250. there giving me alot of **** for buying this bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts