Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not going to go into details of all the crap that went wrong last night other than what went wrong with the bike. so I was driving down the street leading to my house and while Im on the corner *BOOM* my rear end slides out from under me. I didnt lay her down but it sure freaked me out. I pulled over to see if everything was ok since I did hear a loud noise. I saw a small patch of gravel so Im thinking it was just that that made me slide. I get home and wipe everything off due to the dirt on the road and get to the tires and rotate my rear tire so i can get all of the rim clean and its flat. turns out I ran over a nail (thanks construction workers in neighborhood). tires have probably 500miles on them... I am PISSED :gun1:does anyone recommend a patch/plug? or am I SOL

·
Registered
209 Posts
my friend the same thing happend to me, with 300 miles on my bike NEW i put a plug in it to get home, but it always leaked and i was always worried while driving, damn is my tire going flat? i highly suggest getting a new tire my friend..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my friend the same thing happend to me, with 300 miles on my bike NEW i put a plug in it to get home, but it always leaked and i was always worried while driving, damn is my tire going flat? i highly suggest getting a new tire my friend..
yea unfortunately I think thats what I might do. It sucks because my local shop wants to charge me 180.00 but I can get it for 140.00 shipped online, it just takes a couple days to get here. owell its life I think Ill save the 40 bucks and wait

Damn dude what a bummer about the tire but gravel patches are killer, you're lucky you didn't lay her down
yea Im glad I didnt. but If I did I wouldnt be too upset, I have my lower and mid farings off being painted so It wouldnt cause much damage

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've got a plug in mine and if you put it in correctly it'll hold.. I ran really hard last night and it stuck in there

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
For more piece of mind you can plug and patch it. Seen it done plenty with no issues

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Don't do what I did.

My old rear tire had a nail in it and after a few days it would go flat. I let the tire get to low and the nail worked its way out. So I was left with a bigger hole. Idk why hahaha but I screw in a self tapping screw into the hole haha. So it does the job and holds the air in.

I go out for a ride to the back roads one night and as I'm coming back into town I feel the rear tire shift/wobble fkkkkkk....... I get home and find my rear tire completly flat.

Morale of the story, self tapping screws don't solve all problems!

Fin :monky:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Don't do what I did.

My old rear tire had a nail in it and after a few days it would go flat. I let the tire get to low and the nail worked its way out. So I was left with a bigger hole. Idk why hahaha but I screw in a self tapping screw into the hole haha. So it does the job and holds the air in.

I go out for a ride to the back roads one night and as I'm coming back into town I feel the rear tire shift/wobble fkkkkkk....... I get home and find my rear tire completly flat.

:stupid: :bitch: :monkeypoo:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Don't do what I did.

dude youre so off my friends list :crackup:

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Haters gonna hate!!!! :monky:

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Same thing happened to me twice. Once as I left the stealership from getting the new tire....

Most shope won't patch or plug so I you can find a place just have them patch it. (It's cheaper if you take off your wheel and put it back on) I have had one patch and one plug on my rear tire for a while with no problems. Way cheaper then a new tire

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts
I think just to be on the safe side .. bite the bullet and get a new tire ... i know it sucks but safety is more important....the money you spend on a new tire might save you a lot of pain and suffering later on. just my $0.02..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same thing just happened to me. Like it was stated before most shops wont patch up motorcycle tires so since I'm a truck driver I took it to the place I get the truck tires patched up and figured if that patch can hold up with 14 tons on it @ 110 psi then it will hold up on the bike and it's been over a month and no leaking at all. I do check it about every other day though. A new tire would give you peace of mind, but if you don't have the money what's a guy to do?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts