Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am a Formula student participant and my team decided to use the 08 CBR600RR engine for our car anyway since we are applying for class 2 this year all our work will be theoretical and our brilliant team leader >:) decided that we don't need the actual engine to do the work :surprise: so I have a question that would have been solved If I could put my hand on an actual CBR600RR engine which I can't at the moment so my question is ( and please forgive my ignorance ) in this engine spec it says in the induction ( Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) with 40mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors ) now what does the 12-hole injectors mean does it mean there are 12 injectors ??? now when I looked at some pictures I saw 2 rails (pipes) on which 4 injectors were installed on each rail one was up and the other one was down by the throttle body in a youtube video
I saw the secondary injectors but couldn't know there location for sure and more importantly what are these four pipes (cylinders) right under the injectors
lastly on the picture down did I get right about the secondary injectors location ??? and what exactly is that big black tank like container that I put some question marks on
I have got another isometric drawing for it but still don't know What exactly is it
thanks for any help :smile2:

Attachments

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,909 Posts
1. 12 holes is per injector. it just means that they will create a finer mist when they are on.
2. those "pipes are the velocity stacks
3. yes, those are the secondaries
4. that is the airbox
5. the tubes circled below are the idle air control system
6. how the hell are you going to do anything with this project when you don't know what the basic parts of an induction system are?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5. I know that these are the idle air control system I was circling the rail with the injectors behind it :smile2:
6. exactly but What can I say I will try to learn quickly I guess :nerd:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Its ok, my first day in aviation mechanics I didn't even know what a 3/8 socket wrench was. I've now worked on planes, helicopters, Ferraris, Lamborghini's, Astons, CBR's, daytonas, yamaha R's etc. Everyone has to start somewhere!

But seriously you college race car using motorcycle engine people ask the craziest questions on moto forums, and on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Its ok, my first day in aviation mechanics I didn't even know what a 3/8 socket wrench was. I've now worked on planes, helicopters, Ferraris, Lamborghini's, Astons, CBR's, daytonas, yamaha R's etc. Everyone has to start somewhere!

But seriously you college race car using motorcycle engine people ask the craziest questions on moto forums, and on a regular basis.
Lol. How in the world did you get the job?

·
Registered
966 Posts
ooops ment aviation mechanics school. That should make more sence :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts