Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To all CBR600RR owners and specifically 2008 owners not that it would matter anyway
For some project I am going to use the CBR600RR fuel pump and I was wondering If it had a FPR (fuel pressure regulator)
I know for a fact that F4i has one but while searching http://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600-f4i-101/ on the internet I didn't find any thing about a pressure regulator for RR so If it has ,Is it a part of the pump and If it hasn't how does the pump supply a variable flow rate ??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After a bit of searching i found that it's integrated in the fuel pump so my new question is can I adjust this fuel pressure regulator to a certain value ??

·
Registered
495 Posts
I believe it's actually built into the sending unit assembly as opposed to the pump itself. This is how it is on a different Honda that I own and when I looked at pics of the 600 pump it didn't look much different.

If you're using the pump, on it's own, without the sending unit assembly on a different project why not just install an aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure regulator?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I will be using the pump with the sending unit assembly and after asking around I found out that this FPR is nonadjustable so I 'll have to use an aftermarket FPR and that will remove the honda CBR600RR pump from my selection zone and now I am going for a WALBRO one which will suit my needs better.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yeah, without knowing what you're trying to do it's pretty hard to give you advice (it's like pulling teeth!) but it sounds like we're more/less on the same page...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I 'm not building a rocket :) we are building a car for FSAE and we were going to use CBR600RR engine so I thought that I might as well use it's stock pump but not anymore as I said before.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ah...another one of those projects (I've seen many questions over the years with respect to that and making your own fuel injection system - something I did long ago).

If you're using a CBR600 engine why do you want to monkey with the fuel pressure? It would seem to me that the ideal (and least expensive) option would be to use the proper pump/regulator for the target engine?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts