Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My younger brother (18 years old) two days ago was driving his Chrysler 300M to work when the axle decided to snap in half. As he's sitting there he starts talking bikes with the tow truck guy and mentions that he has a 2001 gixxer in garage that's undergoing some repairs. The tow truck driver said that he bought a 2005 gixxer 750 new a while ago, and it was his pride and joy...for about 3 days. He left it in his garage closed, with the keys in it, and someone just opened up the garage in the middle of the night and drove off.

And here's what sucks: He didn't have any insurance, he was going to go get it the next day. No insurance, no compensation, chances of finding his bike are next to none. A good $8000 right out of the window. And that's the end of that.

·
0 Posts
yeah I agree ^^^. You cant' trust anybody. Mines in a grage with a disc lock. Sh!t I hide the keys from my self!:confused3

·
Registered
118 Posts
His homeowners insurance should cover the loss. Also if he only had it for 3 days his car insurance would cover it as well. Most car insurance companies give you around 15 days to report a newly purchased vehicle until that time you will get some form of default coverage.

IMO if somone made it into the garage, key or not that bike is gone.

·
Registered
143 Posts
yea, i leave my key in the seat lock. its not so obvious but its there.

i also park in a garage where you have to move 2 cars, another motorcycle, and a lawn mower to get my bike out. so if they've done all the others then i'd assume they could probably get the bike with or without the keys.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
That's why I'm glad I live in a nice neighborhood. Went out of town for the weekend and stupidly left the garage door open. NOTHING went missing. Both bikes in the garage with the keys in them, craftsman tool chest with quite a few tools other tools on a shelf in the garage. Not to mention a freezer full of food.

Not that it still couldn't happen, but I don't worry nearly as much as I'm sure some of you do.

·
0 Posts
FOOOOD.... i would have gone in after the bike and been distracted by the food, and totally forgotten bout the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts