Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't even know where to begin, my bike is higher mileage currently sitting around 70k miles but only about 15 on the current motor.
Mods:
Motion Pro Revolver Throttle
Annitori RL Quick Shifter
Jardine Slip-on
PCIII (Removed before new motor)
520 -1 +2

Symptoms:
When riding to work in the morning after about 20 miles I develop a surging at constant rpms i any gear.
When surging develops if I pull in the clutch the bike will flat out die and loose all lights on speedo.
When I feel the surging there is a loss of power from the motor it bogs down and will not go above 11k rpms even with clutch in.
If I let it be dead for about 3 seconds and release clutch to bump start it, it will run fine the rest of the ride.
When I go to leave work I have to bump start the bike, all lights on but no power to turn starter.
Ride home is flawless, bike starts right up in the morning.
The engine temps are the same during both rides and the outside temp is about the same.

I have done a stator, and Reg Rect although it is still the 03/04 model which I need to upgrade to the 05/06 for better heat protection. It had a new battery put in about 3 months ago.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I don't even know where to begin, my bike is higher mileage currently sitting around 70k miles but only about 15 on the current motor.
Mods:
Motion Pro Revolver Throttle
Annitori RL Quick Shifter
Jardine Slip-on
PCIII (Removed before new motor)
520 -1 +2

Symptoms:
When riding to work in the morning after about 20 miles I develop a surging at constant rpms i any gear.
When surging develops if I pull in the clutch the bike will flat out die and loose all lights on speedo.
When I feel the surging there is a loss of power from the motor it bogs down and will not go above 11k rpms even with clutch in.
If I let it be dead for about 3 seconds and release clutch to bump start it, it will run fine the rest of the ride.
When I go to leave work I have to bump start the bike, all lights on but no power to turn starter.
Ride home is flawless, bike starts right up in the morning.
The engine temps are the same during both rides and the outside temp is about the same.

I have done a stator, and Reg Rect although it is still the 03/04 model which I need to upgrade to the 05/06 for better heat protection. It had a new battery put in about 3 months ago.
Search the following items in your service manual and/or on the forum and check or replace them if they are bad:

Fuel pump
Stator/rr/charging system check (verify everything is working, I see you replaced but you don't indicate whether it is functioning)
Battery load test
Plugs
Air filter
Coils
Grounding point

Unhook your quick shifter to be sure that isn't possibly causing an issue; if misadjusted or set up incorrectly they can cause cutting out and running issues. I am slightly confused as to why the PC is listed in a mod section if it's unhooked (unless I am reading that wrong) but if it's in the system remove it as well.

If you go through everything I have outlined, you should be able to identify the issue.

Get back to us after you check this stuff out.

Mike

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I listed the PC as a mod as well as removed because after removal the O2 was hooked back up, so the ECU had to readjust but that was about 6 months ago so it shouldnt effect it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts