Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jesus i thought these things were suppose to be the best the look is wonderful the protection seems incredible but damn they are so uncomfortable i tried the large too small bought XL good size but man my hand is so strained in there. how long do i have to break them in for thanks for your opinions

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I cant wear a* gloves either.

I have alwyas liked the feel of joe rocket gloves.

I currently have a 3 year old pair of Jr speedmaster gloves....

They held up Awesome in this crash in 2004....

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
I Dont Like The Way Alpine Star Gloves Fit Me I Have A Pair I Wore Like 5 Time Then Went Out And Got A Pair Of Joe Rocket Speed Master Gloves

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I love the GP pluses, haven't tried the new ones though..Fits my hands perfect..But then again I have small hands ;) Was using teknics' for a while because they were cheap but hated it because the thumb was too big and fingers were too long (I like my gloves super tight)..Joe rockets are pretty good though..I was goin to get them but I don't like how the inner stiching is on the tips of the fingers..It always gets caught under my fingernails and that irritates the crap out of me..lol

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have the GP tech love them, have no complaints here!!!

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
love my gp plus gloves.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
you should try a different brand, Spidi makes great gloves but even so you should try them out first before buying.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have A* Sp-1 size large. At 1st they were tight and use to hurt my knuckle on my right pointer finger where the carbon fiber is when I was on the brakes. I just slept with them on one time and just kept using them.. I'm really kinda disapointed with them cause after a handfull of times wearing them the seams are coming loose one one of them. How do u guys keep gloves for so long? Mine seem to last only one season then tear apart, no matter what brand Teknic, Spidi, or A*.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
+1. love my A* gloves. now almost 4 years old. good in one crash and still perfect...except for how the black leather discolors to light grey so quickly...

I mean, look at them compared to the rest of my A* gear:

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
speedy6rr said:
I have A* Sp-1 size large. At 1st they were tight and use to hurt my knuckle on my right pointer finger where the carbon fiber is when I was on the brakes. I just slept with them on one time and just kept using them.. I'm really kinda disapointed with them cause after a handfull of times wearing them the seams are coming loose one one of them. How do u guys keep gloves for so long? Mine seem to last only one season then tear apart, no matter what brand Teknic, Spidi, or A*.
leather is at it's most vulnerable when it's dry so it's a must to apply a leather conditioner (lotion or spray-on) to keep it soft & pliable, i use Armor-all on my leather suit, gloves & boots, mine is still good after 2 years, you just have to know how to take care of them.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
OveRReV said:
i use Armor-all on my leather suit, gloves & boots, mine is still good after 2 years, you just have to know how to take care of them.
this struck me as odd. I always thought AA was not good long term for the leather so I looked it up on their website FAQ and I found this:

Can I use Armor All® Protectants on leather; including car seats, furniture and shoes?
Armor All® Leather Protectant products are perfect for use on your treated leather home furnishings. Our specially formulated leather products condition your leather, whether in your car or house, helping to keep your leather looking like new. These products, however, are not designed for use on suede, buckskin or fabric. They are also not designed for use on bench or cycle seats due to slipperiness. If you have any doubts about a specific surface, it's always wise to test an inconspicuous area first.
I guess the slipperiness is all you'd have to worry about. I'd still never use it.if I bothered to do anything (I havent) I'd stick to leather specific stuff, but thats just me.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Sick pic Pantablo! You got a Ben Spies esque style with the elbows out..Nice!

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
it's Armor-all leather conditioner not the general purpose type, it's for leather car seat covers but what the heck leather is leather right? :D

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
yes... alpinestar gloves are notorious for needing to be worn a little to break them in.

glad it worked out for you.

i had to DRIVE around... yes... DRIVE around wearing my gp-techs in order to get them to feel a little more flexible... but once they broke in... WOW... i luv them... and protection is VERY SUPERIOR.

cheers... nick - mri

·
Registered
200 Posts
Definately have to be broken in. I had a pair of SPS gloves for 4 months and cycle gear let me exchange them for some new ones when a seam broke. Man, that new set was so uncomfortable until they're broken in.

Same with my SP1's I got 2 weeks ago. They're just now starting to get comfortable.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts