Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have tried using the search function and I have also tried searching Google. All I can find are reviews on this bag but no install instructions. I have a '06 600rr and I was wondering if this bag will install onto it? I know that the magnets won't work, as the tank has a plastic cover over it. But will it attach via the straps? And if so, does anyone have any experience with attaching one to a bike, and would be willing to maybe give some general steps/instructions for hooking it up?

Thanks

·
Registered
837 Posts
So I have tried using the search function and I have also tried searching Google. All I can find are reviews on this bag but no install instructions. I have a '06 600rr and I was wondering if this bag will install onto it? I know that the magnets won't work, as the tank has a plastic cover over it. But will it attach via the straps? And if so, does anyone have any experience with attaching one to a bike, and would be willing to maybe give some general steps/instructions for hooking it up?

Thanks
thats cause its not a tank bag, its a backpack

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaah ok. Yeah must be, cuz I found some websites that look like that one you posted.

Would you recommend doing that mod you posted? To utilize the magnets, or would you just recommend using the strap system that the bag has?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Aaah ok. Yeah must be, cuz I found some websites that look like that one you posted.

Would you recommend doing that mod you posted? To utilize the magnets, or would you just recommend using the strap system that the bag has?
Do the magnets. I did that for my Icon tank bank and it's awesome. You might have to buy newer, stronger magnets to "upgrade" your bag but it's totally worth it.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
837 Posts
yeah i'd go with the magnetic, but like jloeh said, you might want to put better magnets, some neodymium magnets would work. I know there was another thread where someone epoxied a few washers on the underside of the tank instead of the metal plates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts