Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Put me in charge . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections any time without prior notice, and your possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.

Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin your "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices. It is an "enabler."

And . . . while you are on government subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a gov’t welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

·
TRUST NO ONE
279 Posts
Put me in charge of taxing peoples money....if you take half of my check, then we should get half of Steve Jobs check!...Bill Gates, etc...(stop tax cuts for the very rich...millionare welfare)
Put me in charge of immigration....everyone deserves a better life....it wasnt long ago that Columbus "discovered" a place that was already inhabited!!! (who's the immigrant here?)

Before we start with the racial stereotypes lets include those many welfare recipients from the good old trailer parks with red necks and no teeth....its not all 22 inch rims!...

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Texas is looking more and more like a solid state. My two known states are hurting....Illinois and Cali.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I see plenty of white guys/girls with 4 kids in the back of their caprice rolling around town. I don't care what race/religion/background you are. There are jobs everywhere. I can't count the number of help wanted signs I see driving around. It's not worth it to them to get a job if they are going to be given a check at the end of the month. Even they are smart enough to realize this.

No matter how you look at it, someone that is given something for nothing in return will accept the gift as long as it is given to them. If something is needed in return then they will realize they are going to have to change and adapt to keep being given something.

Love this one.
And . . . while you are on government subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a gov’t welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
"We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”"

^^^ this is where it lost me, how ever true it might be its one side'd and stereotypical and obviously aimed toward a certain race.

Fail....

·
Registered
667 Posts
"We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”"

^^^ this is where it lost me, how ever true it might be its one side'd and stereotypical and obviously aimed toward a certain race.

Fail....
What about the example of drugs, alcohol, tats, piercings,

And the reproducing and eating steaks... I was thinking of the whites... More specifically country folks... Why did you and fly decide to take offense to this one?

I agree with the principal of this thread. Stop the handouts.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Put me in charge of taxing peoples money....if you take half of my check, then we should get half of Steve Jobs check!...Bill Gates, etc...(stop tax cuts for the very rich...millionare welfare)
Put me in charge of immigration....everyone deserves a better life....it wasnt long ago that Columbus "discovered" a place that was already inhabited!!! (who's the immigrant here?)

Before we start with the racial stereotypes lets include those many welfare recipients from the good old trailer parks with red necks and no teeth....its not all 22 inch rims!...
Hmm doesn't make sense to me? Iv worked in a grocery store for 3 years, and every time that food stamps starts it's 95% black, 3 % Mexican and 2% whites.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com app

·
Registered
673 Posts
I agree with you.

And I don't think he's generalizing any group of people other than those abusing the welfare system... which all of you know there are. The point is that people on welfare should only be allowed to spend their government supplied money on the cheapest food and other necessities that make it able to survive. If you're not gonna get off you ass and get a job, you shouldn't be allowed to spend your welfare on toys.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Iv got customers that iv know for 3 years since iv started working, they use there welfare to buy junk food like cakes, candy, and steaks. In 3 years they went from being fat, to very fat, and now are at the point that they can't walk. It's sad actually.

·
Registered
14,365 Posts

Fail....
Yes, it's true, your reply was a fail.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Statistics from 2007;

White 38.8%
Black 39.8%
Hispanic 15.7%
Asian 2.4%
other 3.3%

To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all recipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents.

Racist? Call it what you want. The facts are facts whether you like it or not.

·
Registered
270 Posts

Before we start with the racial stereotypes lets include those many welfare recipients from the good old trailer parks with red necks and no teeth....its not all 22 inch rims!...[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with your last statement :shakehand

·
Registered
270 Posts
I see plenty of white guys/girls with 4 kids in the back of their caprice rolling around town. I don't care what race/religion/background you are. There are jobs everywhere. I can't count the number of help wanted signs I see driving around. It's not worth it to them to get a job if they are going to be given a check at the end of the month. Even they are smart enough to realize this.

No matter how you look at it, someone that is given something for nothing in return will accept the gift as long as it is given to them. If something is needed in return then they will realize they are going to have to change and adapt to keep being given something.

Love this one.

I completely agree with this statement as well

·
Registered
340 Posts
Statistics from 2007;

White 38.8%
Black 39.8%
Hispanic 15.7%
Asian 2.4%
other 3.3%

To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all recipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents.

Racist? Call it what you want. The facts are facts whether you like it or not.
Doesn't seem racist to me! Seems like the truth! Just like if I say I don't like our current president I'm labeled a racist because I'm white.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Doesn't seem racist to me! Seems like the truth! Just like if I say I don't like our current president I'm labeled a racist because I'm white.

Why does every discussion about current events always come back to race? Its really sad to think that in this day and age people have so much anger and hate towards one another based on ethnicity. People and countries that hate America could care less if you're black or white. They hate you because you're american, period.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Why does every discussion about current events always come back to race? Its really sad to think that in this day and age people have so much anger and hate towards one another based on ethnicity. People and countries that hate America could care less if you're black or white. They hate you because you're american, period.
Who said anything about anger or hate? I dont see how anything said would seem angry or hateful in any way?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just wanted to jump in and comment, that while I'm reading this thread the ads at the top and bottom were for Safelink that gov. supplied cell phone and some sort of disability assistance program. Haha! Fitting Huh?
I agree with you Obed and others too, the problem is the people in DC don't care bout this country, us, or even those that need their money, they just do whatever will keep them were their at.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts