Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after riding my bike for about 300 miles after installing my leo s/o I decided to double check for any exhaust leaks.

The only leak I found was where the lower pipe connects to the cat. The reason why Im saying that is because I sprayed "soapy water" on the clamp and I noticed a lil bit of "bubbles" on one side of the clamp.

The funny thing is that I didnt feel any air coming out of there.:tard: and I didnt hear any "hissing" sound either. Its really hard to hear cuz the exhaust is so loud.. Could the "bubbles" be from the pipe being HOT? Or do I actually have an exhaust leak? Is this something I should worry about? Can this do harm to my engine cuz I rode it for almost 300 miles?

I also read that some ppl are using "RTV SEALANT" but other ppl here say not to use it.

So fellas, please help a newbie out.
Thank you,
-jimmy-

p.s. what the hell is "backfiring the engine"??

·
Registered
376 Posts
I don't think your bike's gonna fall to pieces from that. People do some F'ed up **** to their exhausts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I decided to seal it with rtv high temp today so I could stop wondering if its a leak or not. Now theres no leak!

·
Registered
376 Posts
fukc ed up sh*t to their exhaust?? like what?
Like homebrewed GP-style slash cuts, drilling holes, straight pipes...those might not be the best thing for an un-mapped motor but I don't think a small leak would be dangerous.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
mine leaks at the same spot. i actually forgot, thanks for reminding me

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know on the Akra it would leak where the clamp goes between the slip on pipe and the cat. If you position the clamp too low it will leak, if you move the clamp more to the top about 1-2cm and then tighten it hard it will work better and not leak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts