Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03' CBR600RR I'm looking to get one last good riding season out of her. I've been getting the itch for baja and would like to move on. By this time in 2011 my lean on the bike will be down to $3,500. This bike is kept up on oil changes and is about to undergo surgery to check her valve clearances. She currently has 14.5k miles and I would say at the end of the season it will have 20k miles on it. So my question is do you think I will be able to get the $3,500 for it next year?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Good luck. I recently bought my 06 with 9k miles on it for 4400.......but if its in good condition someone will buy it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Its a strange market these days. It can be done just dont back off the price at all. Makes sure no one in a around the area is selling anything similar at the same time. My cousin tossed in his helmet and jacket and got $4800 just last weak. He had an 06 cbr with like 18k on it.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Save your money and skip the valve check. I've got nearly 25,000 miles on my 08' and they're still good. No one I've ever heard of that got a valve check had any out of tolerance, even with more miles than you.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
d4efinitly possible,

20k miles isnt a horrid amount for a motorcycle, many people have pushed 100k miles on them

useually its the bike it self that dies (gets wrecked or what have you) before the engine becomes a problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Worst that can happen is you get a bunch of lowballers. But someone might see the value in the motorcycle and decide to pony up the dough.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'll give you 2500 sight un seen haha get ready for those offers :) I dont see why 3500 would be out of the ball park. Like others said, make sure nothing is going for less in your area when your ready to sell.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i got my '06 with 2200 miles in Sept 09 for $4200... good luck on getting $3500 for it.. there is really no way to forecast the market a year out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts