Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have notice a rubbing noise lately on the front breaks. Also they have been sqeeking a little. There are lots of pad left, just wondering if this is something to worry about. Also what is the round deal with all the numbers.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Does it sound like:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JonRR:
It sounds sort of like a seal (the animal) humming.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's quite normal. Don't know how/why it makes that oh so distinctive sound but it's normal. Used to get it when my bike was new, however, havent heard it for a while now (1.5K miles now).

·
Registered
704 Posts
jrdenney said:
Just curious. Don't want to be riding and breaks fail. Dont think that would be good.
How many miles does the bike have? I heard they go away after a certain amount of miles, but so far, it hasn't. I have 4k on her and the rear brake still squeels, and the front chatters, sorta like a whirring noise. Whatever you do do not spray anything on the rotors to make the noise go away. If it really bother's you, go to the dealer and have them check it out.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just went over 2000 yesterday. They noise really doesn't bother me that much beings I have that Jardine pipe on there. Really can't hear much over that.

·
Registered
704 Posts
jrdenney said:
I just went over 2000 yesterday. They noise really doesn't bother me that much beings I have that Jardine pipe on there. Really can't hear much over that.
Hahhaaha, man, i wanna get a pipe but there's too many to choose from. The brake problem is no biggie, i sometimes stomp on the brakes to see if it will go away, but no luck.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I could get enough money out of this pipe to buy a new one I would sell it in a heart beat. I'm really not likeing it that much. Kind of loud.

·
Registered
704 Posts
jrdenney said:
If I could get enough money out of this pipe to buy a new one I would sell it in a heart beat. I'm really not likeing it that much. Kind of loud.
Is it that loud? I've heard the DandD, Laser, and the Mig. So far, i hate both the DandD and the Laser, and the Mig, i don't even remember how it sounded. I really like the look of the stock, that's why i'm keeping it, but i want a little more grunt. Need to save some $ now.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have a fender at all. I mounted the licence plate way up under the tail. Its sits about the rear hugger

·
Registered
704 Posts
jrdenney said:
So Endless what are you doing all day while you are on here . Are you at work.
Yeah, working hard. :lol2: I only use the pc at work since i don't own one at home, so im on the pc between 8-5, all day errday. What the hell is a tech illusion kit? What is it's purpose? I've never heard of that before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts