Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup... I'm thoroughly stumped as the cause of my fuel pump not priming... I have checked all my relays, BAS, Fuel pump, tried to get my fuel pump to turn on by other means, I have gone thru every step in the book to check for continuity, voltage, EVERYTHING... I bought a new ECU since everything as pointing to the ECU as the cause... got the new ECU installed and still no power to the Fuel pump...I've been trouble shooting this for 2 weeks now and still nothing....

When I did the continuity checks at the plugs that plug into the ECU the numbers I got were 133/134 and I have no idea what those numbers mean...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yup... I'm thoroughly stumped as the cause of my fuel pump not priming... I have checked all my relays, BAS, Fuel pump, tried to get my fuel pump to turn on by other means, I have gone thru every step in the book to check for continuity, voltage, EVERYTHING... I bought a new ECU since everything as pointing to the ECU as the cause... got the new ECU installed and still no power to the Fuel pump...I've been trouble shooting this for 2 weeks now and still nothing....

When I did the continuity checks at the plugs that plug into the ECU the numbers I got were 133/134 and I have no idea what those numbers mean...
Kill switch can always get yea, also it could be your fuel pump is bad?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jumped the fuel pump and it works, kill switch was rebuilt and cleaned and continuity is good...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had the same exact problem,checked everything.But then somebody told me to check the yellow ground box(my bike is an '05 btw)and one of the grounds was bad.Saw that Nico recommended to just cut the box off and solder all the ends together.Worked like a charm.

Edit:Are your headlights turning on?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone else have problems with the prime on the 08 models? Sometimes it wont prime on key turn i have to hit the kill switch back and forth to get a prime? No problems other than that though.

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
Does anyone else have problems with the prime on the 08 models? Sometimes it wont prime on key turn i have to hit the kill switch back and forth to get a prime? No problems other than that though.
Get your self a can of contact cleaner for like $5. It will fix you up.

As far as the op goes did you check the kickstand also. The only other thing if your pump is working and you've done everything else, sounds like wire issue. I had the same problem last year and had to do the wiring harness thanks to some pesky rodents in my shop.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the same exact problem,checked everything.But then somebody told me to check the yellow ground box(my bike is an '05 btw)and one of the grounds was bad.Saw that Nico recommended to just cut the box off and solder all the ends together.Worked like a charm.

Edit:Are your headlights turning on?
I checked the ground block under the rear tail and everything looked good. yes both head lights are turning on...

Get your self a can of contact cleaner for like $5. It will fix you up.

As far as the op goes did you check the kickstand also. The only other thing if your pump is working and you've done everything else, sounds like wire issue. I had the same problem last year and had to do the wiring harness thanks to some pesky rodents in my shop.
I've gone thru 2 cans of contact cleaner and I have checked the kick stand. I have tried with it up and down and nothing seems to work... I talked to the service manager where I take my ducati and she said she will diagnose the problem for free...

Are the fuel pumps for the '07 600RR the same as the '05's??

·
Registered
62 Posts
My buddy's 05 600rr had the same problem. Maybe this will help:

1). Take your seat off.
2). Get a 6' 12-16 gauge wire.
3). Strip off an inch or so on both ends
4). Look at the front of the bike on the back side of the head light housing (preferably the bright light). You should see a plug in the light with a black/white and solid black wire (if my memory is right).
5). Once you find this plug, run the wire from the negative post on the battery and shove it into the ground wire on the bright light plug.

If your fuel pump primes, then it's definitely in the yellow ground block. I messed with the block on my buddy's bike, but I never could get it worked out, so I spliced into the ground cable on the bright light and ran it along the wiring harness back to the battery.

Hopefully that'll get you fixed up, because it drove me insane.

·
Registered
105 Posts
hmm...you ignored the other post and started a new one here. My last suggestion was to have you test the ECM, hoping to save you from purchasing a new one. Oh well.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally admitted to failure and took the bike in today. While I was there my mechanic put it up on a lift and I explained everything I did... within 5 minutes the bike ad done a few odd things and he found that the fuel relay would get power and then lose power when we moved some wires around... so there is at least one broken wire int he harness from the relay to the fuel pump and with the way other things were acting up there may be more but not sure just how many because none of the insulation looks worn...so we will see what he finds...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts