Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my first bike, I'm stoked! Was looking for an older one because of price, but this seems too good to pass up. He NEEDS to sell it.

2008 CBR600rr. Flat black / graffiti color. 1200 miles

Price: $6500. (anyone think I can get the price lower? haha) and it also comes w/ Honda jacket and 2 helmets.

Never been dropped or crashed.

What should I look for to make sure it's ok? it looks good, so I'm hoping it is good! Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Pictures:

·
Registered
327 Posts
That's almost not even broken in yet.. Crazy deal i would say, if he NEEDS to sell it tho
hand him 6k cash, and keep the 500 in your pocket in case he wont take it.

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
has he done any of the brake in maintenance to it yet? seams like a good deal, +1 to what pshop said. try and talk him down. cash is always a +.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's almost not even broken in yet.. Crazy deal i would say, if he NEEDS to sell it tho
hand him 6k cash, and keep the 500 in your pocket in case he wont take it.
exactly lol. I'm gonna get my motorcycle license in about a month and need to take some motorcycle qualification course (military rule) before I can even ride it. SO, that's why I'm asking... definitely jump on this??

has he done any of the brake in maintenance to it yet? seams like a good deal, +1 to what pshop said. try and talk him down. cash is always a +.
I dont know about the breaking in... What exactly do you have to do for this? I mean I'm a beginner to all of this, but when speaking to the guy, he seemed like a beginner as well and didn't know much exactly. His dad bought the bike for him and said he wants to get into harleys like his dad and doesnt ride it. So yea... gonna guess he's not into sport bikes and follow in his dad's footsteps.

If you have any recommendations on what I can ask him and stuff to look for, I'll ask him and check out the bike this week.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I don't want to rain on your parade, but that's a lot of bike for a total beginner. With the cash you have in hand, you could pick up a sweet SV-650, ride it for six months, sell it for the same price, then buy your CBR.

·
Registered
327 Posts
^^^ i agree for sure, but i know how hard it is to change someones mind when your heart is set.. i started on an F2... but anyways, since your probably gonna buy this anyways lol.

i would jump on this for sure, check the case covers to see if the bottoms are scratched, that's what will Always get the damage if its dropped, no matter what speed, go through the gears, check the teeth and chain.. the usual stuff, i would say at 1200 miles, not a lot could have been done, so go for it.

then park the bike until you get all the stuff you need

Class
License
Gear

then change the oil and filter and everything.. and you should be good to go..

·
Registered
100 Posts
exact bike I bought but mine had more miles but was cheaper. LOVE IT. Get it. Oh and at first I wanted a brighter colored bike but so many random people come up to me and say what a great looking bit it is I'm glad I got the graffiti. Plus its SE for 08 so it's pretty rare. I've not seen another one on the street yet. 6k cash, he'll take it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't know where you are in California, but there's another graffiti, same miles mint looking, I checked the fairings, levers and engine covers, plus he has mods, puig db, fe kit, exhaust, flush mounts, and oem seat cowl, a sling same price...

I decided to go brand new route, local dealer had a brand new 09, $8500 OTD all tax license registration included... I had my heart set on the all blackness of the graffiti, but I figure I'll just get my subframe, pegs and rear sets powder coated, lol...

08 has a smudge more power, but i went for the resell factor, cuz I might be moving back to NYC next year... bottom line, there are a few options for you at around the price range u are looking for, in socal... I know of two other graffiti models in or around the area so don't rush is all I'm saying...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know where you are in California, but there's another graffiti, same miles mint looking, I checked the fairings, levers and engine covers, plus he has mods, puig db, fe kit, exhaust, flush mounts, and oem seat cowl, a sling same price...

I decided to go brand new route, local dealer had a brand new 09, $8500 OTD all tax license registration included... I had my heart set on the all blackness of the graffiti, but I figure I'll just get my subframe, pegs and rear sets powder coated, lol...

08 has a smudge more power, but i went for the resell factor, cuz I might be moving back to NYC next year... bottom line, there are a few options for you at around the price range u are looking for, in socal... I know of two other graffiti models in or around the area so don't rush is all I'm saying...

central cali. how much was that person asking for his?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bump for some more opinions :ciao:

also, if he doesnt budge for $6k..... is $6500 still a good deal?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
$6 K would be a steal but somewhere in between $6 - $6.5 K is not too bad. Don't push it, I might pick it up myself.

Not to mention, stock bike always cost more than modified bike, unless you're buying BOTY. So ignore the comment above.

·
Registered
100 Posts
why is a stock bike more expensive, I know it is, same with cars. Probably shows the owner is more likely to drive normal? I'd love mine to have come with a fender eliminator and aftermarket levers. And it takes time and money. Well mines bone stock except for frame sliders.

·
Registered
123 Posts
central cali. how much was that person asking for his?
the modified one is in calabasas, he's got the mods that u are looking for plus it's lowered with lowering links so u can always put back to stock height if you want and resell the links... asking $6500, and then there is a bone stock one in Santa Monica...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$6 K would be a steal but somewhere in between $6 - $6.5 K is not too bad. Don't push it, I might pick it up myself.

Not to mention, stock bike always cost more than modified bike, unless you're buying BOTY. So ignore the comment above.
Yea I'll just give him the offering price. Definitely not worth passing this up, especially with the low mileage. I just hope everything is as good as it seems.

the modified one is in calabasas, he's got the mods that u are looking for plus it's lowered with lowering links so u can always put back to stock height if you want and resell the links... asking $6500, and then there is a bone stock one in Santa Monica...
SM is a little far. Seems like you got a nice deal on your 09 anyway so congrats!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would offer him $6k. I just sold an '07 for $5500 in mint, stock condition with low miles. The worst he can do is say no and hold firm on the price. He will more than likely drop a little. Any smart seller knows to offer the item at a slightly higher price to allow for negotiation.

·
Registered
245 Posts
One thing to consider as well is insurance.. I almost bought a bike (similar situation, was an F4I, came with helmet and jacket) when I first joined 8 years ago. I already had my license and figured everything was gtg, then I spoke with my insurance company, they wanted to charge me ~$400 a month! Def deal breaker for an E-3.

Just something to keep in mind. Otherwise the bike deal itself is great!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts