Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fill out the bill of sale, get the title. What else? What are known problems I should look for?

Thanks

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'd say the usual signs of it being crashed if the person claims its never been down. If you can take it for a test ride, do it. Make sure it doesnt pull left/right on its own, bent subframe, poorly maintained chain and all the little details will usually tell you how the person treated the bike.

Good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
awesome bike, bought mine brand new from honda chiswick, on 2008. riding it every other day without any problems. Pretty much easy to service and wash yourself. A lot easier to work on bikes than cars.
I would just check the tyre tread - standard tyres in UK are Dunlop Sportmaxx Qualifiers. Check if the brake fluid colour is yellow not brown and the chain has been lubricated properly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
start it, make sure it starts clean
rev it, make sure there aren't hesitations
check plastics for damage
check for leaks at the bottom of the bike
if you see something small that catches your eye ask about it, dont lie to yourself about not seeing something and then end up being stuck with a major issue down the road

·
Registered
376 Posts
Tell the seller to take it to a dealership with you. You will be surprised how much crap they have to say about the bike, the seller probably give you a better deal. :shakehand

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Have the VIN checked to make sure it isn't stolen. Look on the right side of the headstock where the VIN is stamped into the metal and make sure it's the same as the one on the sticker on the left side of the frame. Compare mileage stated on the dash with how many miles the seller says it has, bearing in mind that alterations of final drive ratios can mess with the odometer's reading. Verify service history, if possible, and try to get an honest answer as to whether it has been down or not, and if so, how bad it was and what was repaired/replaced. Make sure there is no lowering link installed.

etc....

If you see anything that worries you, walk away. There will always be another bike for sale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts