Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to touch base with everybody about my last go round with ABS Fairings. I ordered a new kit from them for my 07 and after a lot of talking with Dan and reassurance I went with a light pearl Leyla kit. We came to the conclusion that light pearl coating was the way to go based on my desire to be close to OEM without over doing it. When I ordered the kit and they sent me a confirmation pic I told him that it looked wrong and that there didn’t appear to be any pearl in the paint. He said to not worry, that it was there and just hard to photo. So he sent the kit. When I got it, there was no pearl in the paint at all. Just flat bright white. I emailed them, let them know what was going on. Dan said he would cover the return since the kit was wrong and we would set up another kit to be shipped. A couple days later he sentenced me an email saying that he believed that his painters don’t know what light pearl means and that he didn’t believe that they would be able to accomplish what he said they would originally. He offered me a full pearl kit, another bright white kit or to see if the painters could try to match the full white in his vinyl kits so the contrast wouldn’t be so bad. None of which were what I wanted or what we agreed on to get me to place the order. I was also offered a refund if that wasn’t going to work. I have thought about it for days and finally decided to go with the refund until I decide what I want to do. The company then sent me an email saying that they were going to charge me for the return, and restock on a kit they admitted was painted the wrong color! When I called him to see how they thought that was right he said that he can try to make his painters redo the light pearl again, even though he repeatedly told me that they weren’t confident they could do it correctly. So they are currently trying to charge me 140.00 for their mistake. What do you guys think? And if you agree that this isn’t a good way to do business, anybody want to help me get them?

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
If what you say is all true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't) then, no, they really shouldn't charge you any restocking/shipping.

You 1) Were clear about what you wanted; 2) were given confirmation that they could do what you asked; and 3) Pointed out their error prior to shipping.

Given these circumstances, they should do the right thing and accept the return at their own expense. However, I am sure there is something in the fine print that allows them to charge you for the return shipping, so you may have no recourse other than to complain on a public forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have done that and fully plan on doing more. When I called him to ask about the new charges he said that he agreed to pay for the return shipping only because he assumed I was going to place another order. I told him that was my intention until he told me that he didn’t have confidence that his painters could get what I wanted correct. Dan is a joke! He tried to convince me to get something I didn’t want and when that didn’t work he is trying to profit off his mistake. I am happy to push this even further.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts