Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think its possible to take the ABS system and ECU off the new RR's and utilize them in earlier models?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Si, Mucho Modification!!! There are alot of components to the ABS system, so much so that they had to relocate the rear shock resevoir on the 2009 RR to right behind the left passanger peg, since the ABS package is a $1000 option on the new bikes, I bet it would cost you a hel! of alot more to buy and modify to work on your bike.. Maybe $2000+

·
Registered
162 Posts
Considering Honda mentioned that the ABS bikes would be produced in limited supply to gauge customer interest the ABS parts themselves may not be readily available for purchase either.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
good thought! im not too hyped about having abs. i like having TOTAL control of my bike in my hands. until the time they find how to make em lighter, i may consider it. i heard it really eliminates the "throbbing" on the lever when braking hard. the main feature i like is the syncing effect, when you apply 100% rear brake, the front is matched to compensate. pretty sick innovation from honda.

definitely look into applying it on older models!!!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
All it takes is for someone to wreck one...then you will have your needed parts for cheaper than buying them brand new. It shouldn't be long the way noobages wreck these things! :all_cohol

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
yea!!!! noobs come on!!! go to your honda dealer buy a rr get on it no lid, tee shirt, shorts, sandals, and oakleys. go in first to 10ks let off and snap it on the freeway in front of an 18 wheeler.

so i can come snatch the abs, any left over parts the gas in your tank oh and the oakleys!!!

lol

·
Registered
162 Posts
All it takes is for someone to wreck one...then you will have your needed parts for cheaper than buying them brand new. It shouldn't be long the way noobages wreck these things! :all_cohol
Make sure when you buy that wrecked bike that you ask if he wrecked because the brakes failed...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts