Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1,133 Posts
'

It does yes, also prevents burnouts.

Its a great system in my opinion.
It will not prevent burnouts. At least the Honda C-ABS does not. This is not a traction control system like the new ZX-10R or the RC8 has.

· Registered
581 Posts
X2 on not preventing a burnout

· Registered
1,133 Posts
Fill me in then because I was under the impression going full hard on the front brake activates the rear as well.
Going hard on either front or rear is supposed to engage the opposite a little bit also. This helps add some braking force to your effort and also helps settle the chassis a bit.

In terms of a burnout that is when you hold the front brake tight and rev the bike up then slip out the clutch to make the back wheel spin in spot and create smoke and melting rubber. This activity has noting to do with real street or track riding.

A traction control system will help prevent wheel slip (tire losing tractions due to too much lean and throttle/road conditions, etc) and in some systems wheelies while riding.

· Registered
581 Posts
adds 24 lbs of weight but its centralized near the engine so you really don't feel it. bet next time though honda makes it lighter. mainly prevents wheel lock up in wet or sandy conditions. won't overcome the laws of physics, ie leaning into a sandy corner, obviously. there was a picture of a magazine tester doing a small stoppy in the rain on a cbr with abs, have to find it.

· Registered
34 Posts
i live in Michigan so you will be riding beautiful sunny skis and the next minute it will be pouring on you. Also we have pot holes so gravel is sometimes all over where traffic light ends. So my question is should I go with the abs model or non abs? im not a racer i just ride for fun around town and freeways.
I have a 09 without the abs feature and I was like just got handed a little less than a chance at 50 mph and about as many ft before I go into work truck with a solid steel flatbed and a car in emergency lane but it is what you see me in the morning practice people pulling out in front of you and might not be for everyone but I wouldn't have to think about the other side of the road and no cars for a mile or so but just let you know that since they were given same brakes as liter bikes and radial master cylinder it's able to send you flying before you lock up tires and slot more likely to have back tire break loose double down shifting regardless if it was a accident if you wasn't supposed to be using the front brakes to stop it wouldn't have two much larger calipers and rotors and the front brakes hooked to the lever in your throttle hand it's like a 70/30 spit on stopping force nothing to you just saying it for safety just using the back brakes and it is a good possibility of not being able to get it stopped in time I know we can stop in like a 100 ft from a 100mph just front brakes and down shifting to let it use engine to brake like how semi truck used to do

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a 09 without the abs feature and I was like just got handed a little less than a chance at 50 mph and about as many ft before I go into work truck with a solid steel flatbed and a car in emergency lane but it is what you see me in the morning practice people pulling out in front of you and might not be for everyone but I wouldn't have to think about the other side of the road and no cars for a mile or so but just let you know that since they were given same brakes as liter bikes and radial master cylinder it's able to send you flying before you lock up tires and slot more likely to have back tire break loose double down shifting regardless if it was a accident if you wasn't supposed to be using the front brakes to stop it wouldn't have two much larger calipers and rotors and the front brakes hooked to the lever in your throttle hand it's like a 70/30 spit on stopping force nothing to you just saying it for safety just using the back brakes and it is a good possibility of not being able to get it stopped in time I know we can stop in like a 100 ft from a 100mph just front brakes and down shifting to let it use engine to brake like how semi truck used to do
That was absolutely horrendous to read. It also made zero sense to me.

· Registered
44 Posts
My 2021 doesn't have it. An Oklahoma Honda Suzuki has a 2023 that obviously doesn't have it. Been riding since 76, never ridden a bike with ABS. Made many panic stops. Yeah, sometimes the back tire skids. When it does, I just ease up on it. I've never gone down due to panic braking. But, I am strictly a fair weather rider.

Reactions: NewRedRider

· Super Moderator
11,962 Posts
I'm stoked I bought one of the last "mechanical" bikes on the market. I've been riding for almost half a century and still don't want a computer thinking for me. If I crash it will be my fault or someone else's fault. It won't be due to a computer that thought it knew better. You just can't replace the feeling of being in total control.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts