Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Dot Netters,

I was curious if anyone has had any recent dealings with ABSFairings. I've emailed them twice and then I tried to use their Live Chat on their website and only wound up talking to myself.

So I guess my question is; is this normal for them? I haven't really read anything bad about them so I don't want to make any assumptions.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I bought a set last month. They answer me within a 1 hr or so both time I contacted them via email. My fairings where ordered and delivered within 2 weeks to canada. I would definitely recommend them. Maybe they are back up with the Christmas rush. Good luck

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I bought a set almost a year ago and they answered pretty fast, let me say that we exchanged 1/2 emails per day.
For the claim process instead they were a little bit "lazy", but using the chat they always solved my problems. I posted a review, there are other info if you are interested.

A solution could be to try to call them ;-)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did finally get someone to answer the live chat and answered one of my questions. I sent in a custom design on Wednesday, but haven't heard anything back and then earlier today I sent in a request for their forum member discount.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a set almost a year ago and they answered pretty fast, let me say that we exchanged 1/2 emails per day.
For the claim process instead they were a little bit "lazy", but using the chat they always solved my problems. I posted a review, there are other info if you are interested.

A solution could be to try to call them ;-)
Your review is actually why I'm going with them. I originally was going to go through Extremefairings, but didn't get the answers I was looking for. Figured I would try and see what ABSFairings could do before I bought anything.

Only reason I haven't called yet is I wanted to give them a chance to respond, but seeing how they usually answer the same day, I'm curious if they are just swamped with the holiday rush or if my emails didn't go through.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, well I was going to order and now their Honda page is gone... guess they are updating it or something. Not sure why they would need to take the whole page down though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah they'll be getting a call from me on Monday. Could be why they never responded to my emails about Honda fairings.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did get an email this morning about my custom design and the reasons why they couldn't do it, unlike Extremefairings where all I got was "nope too complicated" with no indication of what, why, and suggestions on how to fix it.

Anyway, I responded asking about the Honda page so hopefully I get a response or the page comes back up. Looking at the Mugen Racing edition as my 'plan b' choice.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The honda page is back up

·
Registered
181 Posts
Lol what set did you get?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am curious... may you post a pic of the custom schema that they will not do?
Sure thing!

The black was going to be matte and the red would have been candy or metallic. The white outline on the second was just to give a little more contrast and was never going to be part of the paint. I didn't want it to be too flashy but still have that exotic look to it.

Design I found on the internet.

I liked it and felt it was original. I think it had that WW II pin-up nose cone art feel to it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Damn that would have been sweet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It would have been for sure a unique bike! Maybe too difficult to be produced... with your helmet it would have look great!
Thanks. Yeah it's not to everyone's taste, but people either would have loved it or hated and I would have been okay with that haha.

I'm excited about the Mugen plastics though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts