Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to work with MJ, Ken, and others for the past few months trying to get the fairings that I paid for in February. To this date, I have been given numerous false shipping dates, many empty promises and a lot of lies. Additionally, they are now not responding.

Here is the whole story…

I purchase the ’07 Repsol fairing back in December 2007. I was very happy with the fairings and posted pictures on 600rr.net, 1000rr.net and recommended them to others. The quality, although not OEM, was good for aftermarket fairings. I loved the way the bike looked!

In February ’08, I hit a patch of ice on the angles crest highway and low-sided the bike. The front cowl, the left side top cowl and the tail fairing was damaged. The tail fairing actually cracked apart very badly even though it was a very slow low-side. I emailed MotoFansClub and paid $350 for the 3 pieces. It seemed overpriced for the pieces, but I was willing to pay for them as I LOVED the Repsol paint scheme and LOVED my bike. I was told that it would take about 3-4 weeks to get my fairings…

Forwarding a few months, to June..…. I’m still waiting for my fairing so I can get my bike back together. I emailed them about 4-5 times and each time they would tell me that it would be ready in a few weeks. As I was getting frustrated, I told them that I would post my bad experience on 600RR.net. Finally, I get a reply from MJ apologizing for the delay and telling me that he would personally handle my order and get me my fairings. I was extremely happy with the new and bought another set of fairings for another bike from them on June 8th.

Shipping for the replacement fairings were supposed to take 10 days and 8-15 business days for the new fairings. After waiting for almost 6 weeks and a couple of emails, I finally got a tracking number for the new fairings and did eventually receive them.

However, I still have not received the replacement fairings. I was given numerous ship dates, many excuses (export problems, family issues, vacation, ‘emergency’ etc..). And FINALLY on July 31st, I receive a shipment. I was VERY excited and VERY happy as I would finally be able to get my bike back to the way it was. However, upon open the box…. I was shocked in disbelief. Only 2 of the 3 pieces were shipped and that I am still missing the side fairing.

I contact MJ right away and was told that they had made the wrong side. Upon thinking about it, if they knew the wrong side was made, why did they not tell me before they shipped the package? If they did not know, why did they not include the piece? Whatever the reason was, I was obviously being lied to.

MJ apologized and specifically promised me that the missing piece would be made and I would have it within 2 weeks at the latest… well 2 weeks past… nothing. I emailed and was told that MJ was on vacation and would get back to me in a day or two… a week passed and nothing. Then on August 19th, Ken told me that he would give me a tracking number for the missing piece the next day…. once again.. I didn’t get anything. I emailed once again and was told that someone would get back to me next week. On August 23rd, I was told by someone ‘Moto’ that the faring was shipped a few days ago and I would have it in 10 days. 10 days passed and once again nothing… F*#K! I emailed them once again and apparently, they’ve decided not to respond.

It’s now been 7 VERY frustrating and VERY upsetting months since I paid them for the fairings. I still don’t have my Repsol bike back on the road. It looks like that I will never get the piece that I need (and paid for) and Motofansclub (MJ, Ken and others) is not willing to fix this problem. I have been more than patient with them and have given them more business as I trusted their word. It seems like the Repsol bike that I loved will never be back to the way it was. I feel that I have been totally screwed by Motofansclub and this is the absolute worst experience that I have ever had with any vendor by far.

I hope that others take my experience into consideration before wasting their hard-earned money with MotoFansClub. Hopefully, other CBR riders will not be royally screwed like me.

·
HONDAholic
916 Posts
this is crappy service ....... and nobody should have to go through that!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
did you pay with a credit card? if so, just dispute the charge and get your money back.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
you can file a claim with paypal too. i know someone who did that and got their money back

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Dude, 7 months? WTF???? I would have been smacking heads after 2 months for sure...sorry bro...threaten with a lawsuit unless you get your money back or the fairings you paid for within 2 weeks...PERIOD...if no response email them again saying you are going to take legal action and just have a lawyer (prefferably a good one) send them a letter with a nice lil "give me what I want or get sued for it..." type angle on it...
Thats what i'd do...good luck.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wow sorry to hear about your experiance. You have been really patient with them the whole time, if I were in your shoes I would have probably strangled somebody. I have no patience when being lied to. That's really some Sh***y service. I'll definitley take this into consideration when shopping around for parts.

·
Registered
422 Posts
sorry to hear

·
Registered
260 Posts
wow, i was going to order a set of fairings from them. but not now. i would do like another member said and file a claim with your CC company.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately, they only accept PayPal... and PayPal only give you 45 days to file a claim. Honestly, I would be MUCH happier if I can just get the fairing I paid for so I can get my 600RR back to the way it was.

·
Registered
54,804 Posts
Hi everyone, MJ here. Not sure how to best explain all of this but it does get long so I will try to start from the beginning. If everyone looks at all of my earliest posts you will see that this new team here at moto took hold of this company in June. Unfortunately for Coral he was one of the previous customers from the old owners at moto, the first time I heard about this was around the beginning of June as well. Now when the current owner bought moto we were given assurances that no outstanding orders were due and everything was a-ok. However, we now know better. Understanding that the old moto had a crappy name the current owner set up his own factory and wer are for the most parts using our own moulds. Coral's mould was from the old owner and the factory that they used. When we filled his order the first time in mid-July when we shipped it out the factory caught on that there was something amiss with the upper left fairing - all of motos fairings have a special code which only we know how to see and as they were cross referencing this with Coral orders they noticed that this did not correspond to the code in the order hence that piece was pulled. I was not notified of this till Coral emailed me. Timeframe (Beginning of August), so the QC guy in our factory (again I work in the operations side in Hong Kong) just said that something was wrong and they would straighten it out. Now it turns out that the problem was that his first fairing set was from the original factory of the orignal owner and they haven't been the most co-operative since we do most of work in house now. So (Timeframe beginning-August) our QC guy had to purchase set from the original factory as we don't have that mould. As you are aware farings take about 2 weeks to make so we got them in mid-late August unpainted. Our containers must clear customs in China before the tracking numbers are released - otherwise if it doesn't clear there is no point to a tracking #. Coral's was slowed because of this - but I have been give assurances that it will clear by next week. I have forced the shipping company to give us a tracking number today - but it will not track until it clears customs and I anticipate that happening Monday or Tuesday. We owe Coral a big apology and I hope that you forum members will at least try to give us the benefit of the doubt as I have tried to make myself avialble to everyone and have tried to reply to all pms and emails within a reasonable amount of time. Rest assured that if you have bought a kit from June onwards this will not happen to you as all of these moulds we have in house.

·
Registered
54,804 Posts
This will not happen to anyone else R3DSK as we don't have a mould for the ones ordered before June we have to go to the previous factory and like I said they are not the most friendly since we dont order from them anymore and produce our own.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
This will not happen to anyone else R3DSK as we don't have a mould for the ones ordered before June we have to go to the previous factory and like I said they are not the most friendly since we dont order from them anymore and produce our own.
oh.. i didnt see your post till after i posted mine

so he will be seeing his new fairing piece soon.

·
Registered
54,804 Posts
Yes he will - apologies once again, this was due to the new team coming aboard here and to elaborate that's why you see we started our membership here with the 03-06 Best Fitment Offer, this was the first mould we made and we thank everyones input into it.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
i am glad to see that things are working out....

keep us posted coral

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi MJ,

Thank you for replying. I would have been more understanding (as I had been for the past 7 month) if you had explained this new problem to me. How about the new front fairing that I received? Will I have a problem with fitment?

When should I expect to receive the side-fairing?

What frustrates me is that on August 2nd you told me that I would have the piece by Aug 13-14 (at the lastest). Additionally, why was I told that the right-side piece was made instead of the left side piece when it was not the case? And why did someone tell me the piece had already shipped on August 23rd?

I started working with you at the beginning of June and you told me that you, specifically, would take care of the problems. Now I only get email replies from Ken, 'moto' and someone who doesn't put their name on their email replies. As you can imagine, being brushed-off and ignored is not a pleasant feeling.

All being said, I do appreciate you replying and offering a solution. I hope to finally receive the piece soon.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts