Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first post on here but I am at my wits end as to whats wrong with my bike.. its been about a month of precious riding time and im ready to drop a match in the gastank at this point...

heres the deal.... 2007 600rr won't start/no spark at any cylinder..

have checked..

ecu
ckp
cmp
upper harness
bap is working
all nuetral/clutch/sidestand switches are good
no FI codes come up
everything seems to meter ok...

I knows its a vague desciption but throw some ideas at me!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Faulty engine start/stop switch?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bas works... even leaned it all the way over to hear it trip the engine start stop relay, and alternatively bypassed it on another harness i tried

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and start stop switch seems to work and meters fine but will try to get ahold of another perhaps to try

·
Registered
237 Posts
fuse? I dont see that mentioned.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Make sure you are getting 12V on the common line at the coils, if its there then continuity check the harness to the ecu, if that's good then check the ground and power lines at the ecu, after that check your ignition pulse generator. Failing all of that it has to be the ecu that is buggered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have replaced the ckp(pulse generator) I have tried another ecu.. I have initial voltage at the coils.. grounds and powers all there.. I seriousley dont know what else to do

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ckp is installed correctly i dont thing you can install it improper lol... pretty fool proof;) and it is making good peak voltage...

D

·
0 Posts
Well, they can be installed backwards which wont let the bike start. It's a pretty common mistake.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So long over due, but just to answer the problem in case any one else has a similiar prob... My exhaust cam sprocket which is advanced on my motor ( I know this cannot happen on a stock engine) loosened off nad the cpu cuts off spark if the signals got oo far out of alignment;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts