Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've been noticing that when I'm at a low RPM (< 4k) in 2nd or 3rd and then accelerate hard, it takes time for the power to be transferred to the rear wheel. The engine winds up but the bike itself isn't accelerating for a second and then all of a sudden BAM! It's almost like pulling the clutch, then increasing the throttle and then letting out the clutch again.

I also noticed that when the bike is off and it's in gear, i can roll the bike backwards and forwards a good amount. I don't know if that's related or not...

Any suggestions guys?

D

·
0 Posts
What speeds are you going in 2nd and 3rd when this happens?

Also, are the RPM's going up the normal amount but the bike isn't accelerating?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not too sure what speeds I'm at when this occurs, I just notice it when I'm in 2nd or 3rd. I'll pay close attention to it when I head home from work though and update you.

And yes, the RPMs climb but the bike itself doesn't accelerate for a second or so.

D

·
0 Posts
Check that your clutch cable isn't applying any pressure that would be slightly disengaging it. If that checks out, you're probably needing some new clutch plates.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly! Haha I was having a hard time trying to explain this but that sums it up better than what I said above.

Demented, would this be considered clutch slippage? I have the service manual for my bike ('05 600rr with 12.5k miles btw) and it mentions what to do if the clutch slips during acceleration but does not explain what clutch slippage is exactly.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
You may also just be noticing the backlash through the drive train.

D

·
0 Posts
neighbor don the street was having this exact same issue , it turned out that he needed new spark plugs
2 were fouled
1 was good
1 was going out
No offense, but spark plugs would not cause the engine to rev up but the bike not respond to the increased engine revs with the clutch engaged.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts