Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your wise advice on my motorcycle accident.

I got in an accident where the bike fell on it's right side. The damages are to the front fairing, all the farings on the right side, the rear cowl, the front rim, the headlight, the oil cover, the right mirror and blinker and some of the left fairings.

Aside from this I think my radiator has been damaged because my bike overheats a lot.

The shop I brought it to claims that the damamges will costs $5400 without labor and without factoring in the radiator yet. He said it will most likely be totaled since the costs are so high. I said that doesnt seem right since of the fairings can be fix but he said most bike shops will not do body work they will only replace the fairings and that they cost a lot since they come painted.

Does this seem right to you guys? That is costs $5400 to replace all the fairings, the front rim and the headlights?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just found out my bike was totalled today myself. Same things wrong with it. I have the gap insurance atleast. The thing that sucks is that my credit when I got the bike was good. Now it is bad and I don't think I will be able to get another bike. I don't want another bike though. I love mine but oh well.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I need your wise advice on my motorcycle accident.

I got in an accident where the bike fell on it's right side. The damages are to the front fairing, all the farings on the right side, the rear cowl, the front rim, the headlight, the oil cover, the right mirror and blinker and some of the left fairings.

Aside from this I think my radiator has been damaged because my bike overheats a lot.

The shop I brought it to claims that the damamges will costs $5400 without labor and without factoring in the radiator yet. He said it will most likely be totaled since the costs are so high. I said that doesnt seem right since of the fairings can be fix but he said most bike shops will not do body work they will only replace the fairings and that they cost a lot since they come painted.

Does this seem right to you guys? That is costs $5400 to replace all the fairings, the front rim and the headlights?
Sounds about right, i had the same thing where my bike slid on its left side messing up all fairings, clutch cover, oil leaking out, clipon, blah blah. But my insurance company told me this is borderline totalled, so i had to make the call. I TOLD THEM TO FIX IT!!! In doing so, i talked to the people that were fixing it and met with them to throw in some aftermarket parts in place of the stock parts... worked out great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess the shop is right then. I was just checking because I thought the shop was trying to rip me off....

I agree - at least I didnt get hurt beside bruises and scrapes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
can always go to bikebandit.com and check out prices for flairings and all other parts for your bike you will be shocked at the prices of oem **** and they charge for every thing right down to each bolt.

·
Simmonds steak Do not leave the kitchen without it
14,811 Posts
the price sounds right. If they do decide to total your bike, i'd buy it back and repair it myself. Depending on your skills, get them to fix what you cant. Fairings can be found fairly cheap used so just take your time and look around. Be glad your not hurt, bikes can always be replaced, new relationships with bikes can be replaced as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I crashed mine 3 mos ago on the right side. All fairing, cover and others was replaced though no damage to the body and engine and the Honda dealer charged my insurance for $6,200. I guess mine was more expensive, I have 06.

·
Registered
138 Posts
On the overheating issue, check that your radiator fan can still freely spin by hand. This was the case for me after an accident & I just needed to straighten the fan bracket to free the fan blade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts