Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious as many friends of mine who have layed their bike down were hesitant to file a claim with their insurance. For those who have made claims, how has it affected your insurance rates? Also list the insurance company you used at the time. I currently have State Farm and luckily have not yet had to file a claim.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I filed a claim on my previous Ducti. Although, the damage was only cosmetic and minimal, the insurance company decided to total it.

The accident was not entirely my fault. I collided with another bike, and both of us were riding in a group.

Although this was my only accident, and I don't have any traffic violations of any kind, and I am 34 years old, my insurance has increased by 100% on all my other vehicles.

I have a 350Z roadster, a Del Sol, and CBR, so imagine how much more money I have to pay..:evil3: And, it is going to be on my file for 3 years.

Currently, I dropped my insurance on my bike to only liability. I figuered, if I get into another accident, it will be cheaper to fix the bike than pay for the increased insurance.

Insurance companies are the biggest un-ethical business in the US. They will take your money, and when you need them, they will do whatever to not pay you. And, when they pay you, they will increase your premium to make there money back plus handsom interest.

I have been driving for over 10 years without a single accident or violation, and when I get into one, they show no mercy.....F**k them all.

P.S. My insurance company at the time of the accident was Stat Farm for all of my vehicles, bike, and my home. They don't have my business any longer.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I filed a claim on my previous Ducti. Although, the damage was only cosmetic and minimal, the insurance company decided to total it.

The accident was not entirely my fault. I collided with another bike, and both of us were riding in a group.

Although this was my only accident, and I don't have any traffic violations of any kind, and I am 34 years old, my insurance has increased by 100% on all my other vehicles.

I have a 350Z roadster, a Del Sol, and CBR, so imagine how much more money I have to pay..:evil3: And, it is going to be on my file for 3 years.

Currently, I dropped my insurance on my bike to only liability. I figuered, if I get into another accident, it will be cheaper to fix the bike than pay for the increased insurance.

Insurance companies are the biggest un-ethical business in the US. They will take your money, and when you need them, they will do whatever to not pay you. And, when they pay you, they will increase your premium to make there money back plus handsom interest.

I have been driving for over 10 years without a single accident or violation, and when I get into one, they show no mercy.....F**k them all.

P.S. My insurance company at the time of the accident was Stat Farm for all of my vehicles, bike, and my home. They don't have my business any longer.
Shhh! Don't bad mouth insurance companies here!

It could be just me, but anytime I say something bad about insurance and how much of crooks they are, I get flamed "It's your own stupid fault, they are a business, not a charity!" etc etc

Most people here <3 insurance and the ridiculous rate hikes that come along with filing a claim I guess.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Shhh! Don't bad mouth insurance companies here!

It could be just me, but anytime I say something bad about insurance and how much of crooks they are, I get flamed "It's your own stupid fault, they are a business, not a charity!" etc etc

Most people here <3 insurance and the ridiculous rate hikes that come along with filing a claim I guess.
Yea, insurance companies are so messed up. They take your money for years... but every year you don't claim anything that's "profit" and they put it into their pockets. When you screw up (or someone else steals your ****... or anything where you have to make a claim) they forget about all those premiums you've paid out in the past (but never used) and take the next 3 years to extract as much of that payout from you as possible in the form of even higher premiums.

My brother claimed his golf clubs on his house insurance (cause the place there were stored burnt down) and they jacked up his home insurance/car/everything with them and he'll end up paying 2x more in insurance premiums than the clubs were worth.

It's retarded... plain and simple.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That makes me wonder is it really worth it to have full coverage?
From wat I hear, the insurance company will just total it anyways.

·
Registered
753 Posts
For an accident you're at their mercy, whether you're at fault or not just because they're screwy like that. For a theft, you should receive no insurance hike. It's not your fault..

Really, the only reason I see full coverage being worth it is a theft (and you might not need full coverage for theft). The insurance company could jerk you around for accidents so much you wish you'd never had even reported it. Add the rate hike and you're in for a world of hurt.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
You don't need FULL coverage for theft, you can just get comprehensive along with liability. Like everyone else say, if it's a collision, you fixing it will be a lot cheaper than filing a claim with the insurance. If I have to make a claim, I'll also prepare myself to find another insurance company. And even so, hopefully, they'll be cheaper.

You pay insurance just in case sh!t happens, but if sh!t doesn't happen, you don't get your money back.

:fock:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got AAA when i got my first bike (600 RR; approx 1 year ago); it got stolen; they paid for it minus deductible($1000) so i bought 1000RR after a gap of 2-3 months. I have a 2003 Eclipse GT under same coverage as well.
I crashed my 1000RR (100% at fault); they asked my where i wanted to get it fixed; and they paid for it minus my deductible($250 this time; i got wiser) no hassles.
And they have increased my premium ~150 dollars.

I tried asking around before my recent renewal and progressive was asking me premium for just the 1000RR that was $200 more than AAA premium (car + bike) on Same policy/coverage.

If in southern California try AAA.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I got AAA when i got my first bike (600 RR; approx 1 year ago); it got stolen; they paid for it minus deductible($1000) so i bought 1000RR after a gap of 2-3 months. I have a 2003 Eclipse GT under same coverage as well.
I crashed my 1000RR (100% at fault); they asked my where i wanted to get it fixed; and they paid for it minus my deductible($250 this time; i got wiser) no hassles.
And they have increased my premium ~150 dollars.

I tried asking around before my recent renewal and progressive was asking me premium for just the 1000RR that was $200 more than AAA premium (car + bike) on Same policy/coverage.

If in southern California try AAA.
You must have got lucky with AAA. I asked them and they quote me $4K/year for a bike that I paid $7250 for. In fact, the guy who quote me chuckled and told me to look elsewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts