Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Great to hear the great news that he let you off.. bike mods are expensive and can't be bothered with by a ticket. Least it wasn't reckless riding, I mean, who ever rides or drives at speed limit? If I do, everybody will be flying by me.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
who ever rides or drives at speed limit? If I do, everybody will be flying by me.
i feel you there. out here no one drives at the limit. at least in the city.

·
Registered
271 Posts
In regards to cops: You always hope you dont get the a**hole who is miserable. I got pulled over for speeding but since i pulled over and was respectful i just got a ticket for inspection. :)

·
Ocho Cinco
1,715 Posts
I passed a moto cop the day before yesterday on the freeway going about 91mph, he was shooting radar, and he didn't even bother to come after me! Sweeeeeeet!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
In the 18 years I've been riding a motorcycle on the street, I've never gotten a ticket. I didn't say that I was never pulled over though. I got pulled over on the 8 near SDSU by a motorcycle cop. He just wanted to look at my bike and make sure I was safe. I rode an enduro with knobby tires...wasen't the safest to be riding in the fast lane on the freeway.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I got hit doing 60 in a 45 by a MC cop...I pulled over and waited..I was hoping he would let me go, but I wAs wrong....O well!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I always ride just a hair above the traffic..... 2-3MPH most of the time if you are doing the speed limit you could end up getting rear ended by some cager doing 15 over. I think I read somewhere that if you can prove the traffic flows at a much higher rate you can fight it in court as defensive driving. but cool to see he let you go though.
and MC cops seem to treat sport bikers like crap no matter what.... I had one show up when I found my bike lying on its side because someone hit it while parked in a lot he treated me like dirt. I don't speed (much) I ride right keep it safe and never even got pulled over on the the bike EVER.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I appreciate the all cops are not pricks comment. some of us try not to be. alot of tickets are based on attitude of the driver. if i was asked if i didn't have anything better to do than write tickets...i immediately did not. most of us agree that there is a difference in driving fast and driving like an idiot. and a large majority of us have bikes and enjoy the living **** out of 'em.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I got pulled over twice by CHP and let off both times. Being let go by CHP without a ticket is almost impossible here.
same as here, just doesn't happen. I got pulled with my girl, drivin behind some field workers. 6 or 7 people in a kia optima, for doing half the speed limit. The kia had his right signal on for 3-4 miles and never turned, doin 30 in a 55 zone. They told my girl to "Lay on the Ground!" and she was like, "why?" before we could even get back on the bike he was like, ride safe, and pulled over the next car to go by. wonder what he made up for their ticket. Whenever theres 2 cops, they are training rookies, and try to make them hardasses. Ticket was dropped after the cop verified same story I had. Plus the car had a florida front plate on the back of the car with no stickers. way to serve and protect

·
Registered
432 Posts
18 over? That's it? Cops around here wont even bother with that on a bike. Try getting off a reckless (20+ or over 80mph) ticket then talk.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I appreciate the all cops are not pricks comment. some of us try not to be. alot of tickets are based on attitude of the driver. if i was asked if i didn't have anything better to do than write tickets...i immediately did not. most of us agree that there is a difference in driving fast and driving like an idiot. and a large majority of us have bikes and enjoy the living **** out of 'em.
yeah, not all cops are bad. i understand some just have bad days and had it rough. fortunately i haven't been ticketed on my bike yet (knock on wood). but me and my friend on another RR got pulled over by FHP on I-4 and he let us off. thanks to all the good cops out there.

now my red bullseye sportscar is another story... lost count of tickets on that one. lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
So, speaking of cops, I turned left at a light, excelerated to 45(the speed limit) kinda fast, but not insanely, came to a stop light and saw my buddy in a car next to me. honked n flipped him off. i than realize that theres a cop behind me. take off from the light, and woop woop, pulls me over. starts givin me a hard time, tells me that he could take my bike for racing (he says i was racing myself), and was being a total c**t. went to his car, came back and gave me a warning for unlawful speed, and not having my registration. im glad i got off with only a warning, but unlawful speed, racing myself? thats a lil extreme considering the circumstances. ((sorry for the long post))

·
Registered
134 Posts
So, speaking of cops, I turned left at a light, excelerated to 45(the speed limit) kinda fast, but not insanely, came to a stop light and saw my buddy in a car next to me. honked n flipped him off. i than realize that theres a cop behind me. take off from the light, and woop woop, pulls me over. starts givin me a hard time, tells me that he could take my bike for racing (he says i was racing myself), and was being a total c**t. went to his car, came back and gave me a warning for unlawful speed, and not having my registration. im glad i got off with only a warning, but unlawful speed, racing myself? thats a lil extreme considering the circumstances. ((sorry for the long post))
how do you race yourself? time attack? lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts