Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone owns or has used one?

I want a Gopro theirs no way im forking over $400 or more for one. The specs look pretty damn good for $120 and only $100 on black friday online. What do you guys think? Whats best for a track day 720p60 or 1080p30?

Waterproof housing
1080p30
720p60
2hr battery life. Whats the gopro?
Fits gopro mounts
Built in Wifi
2" lcd

A review and a guy on youtube using one of his bike

Review: Activeon CX Action Camera

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've never looked at the knockoffs but that one doesn't look too bad.

Personally, I would check out the basic GoPro Hero or Drift HD at the $120 price point. You can get the basic gopro for $129 at walmart, probably much better deals online.

Make sure you look at your computer specs when deciding what video quality to record in. My old laptop doesn't have the processing power to play anything higher than 720, which makes my 4k camera completely pointless. Just one other thing to consider.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I have a SJCAM SJ4000. Is almost identical form factor to the GoPro. I wouldn't mind the SJ5000 or the WiFi version. The SJCAM M10 is like GoPro's new cube too.

Not sure on the Activeon, but the SJ4000 @ 1080p looks good on my 46", even low light is good. Check YouTube.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I have a SJCAM SJ4000. Is almost identical form factor to the GoPro. I wouldn't mind the SJ5000 or the WiFi version. The SJCAM M10 is like GoPro's new cube too.

Not sure on the Activeon, but the SJ4000 @ 1080p looks good on my 46", even low light is good. Check YouTube.
I have the M10 on order which has basically the same internals as the SJ4000. I've read good things about the SJ4000 so I decided to try. I'll do a compare against my Hero 3 Black when it arrives.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I have the M10 on order which has basically the same internals as the SJ4000. I've read good things about the SJ4000 so I decided to try. I'll do a compare against my Hero 3 Black when it arrives.
Nice. I have no issues at all with my SJ4000, and [email protected] is more than enough, I usually record in 720p though just to save storage.

Good thing is, there is a lot of YouTube videos on the SJ4000 (obviously YT does some of their own compression, but you get the idea).

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Update: I received the M10 a little while ago. It's serving dashcam duty (it has a car mode) but will also be a secondary action cam when needed. It came with a bunch of GoPro compatible accessories which is really nice. As for the video quality, I haven't put it head-to-head against the Hero 3 yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Update: I received the M10 a little while ago. It's serving dashcam duty (it has a car mode) but will also be a secondary action cam when needed. It came with a bunch of GoPro compatible accessories which is really nice. As for the video quality, I haven't put it head-to-head against the Hero 3 yet.

Soon as I saw SJCAM release the M10, I waited for GoPro then they released their little one.

Mate of mine is impressed with my SJ4000 and just ordered one himself. :)

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Mate of mine is impressed with my SJ4000 and just ordered one himself. :)
It seems a lot of people are going this route. It's getting harder to justify the price premium of GoPro, Sony, etc when very similar features can be had for a fraction of the price these days.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
whats wrong with the torque curve on the arata.
looks great to me.. look at how early the torque picks up.. all the way from 8000 rpm you have more than 40 ftlbs of torque... none of the other systems do that.

the yosh and the akrapovic dont seem to provide the same gains.

having ridden my bike with the arata on the bike felt very strong driving out of corners... and i loved how smooth the power felt.. lots of torque.. no real spikes in the torque and wide power band.
Exactly. I noticed they have a SJ2000 also, looks similar to the Contour Roam. However the SJ5000X is nice, 4K recording, on a cheap camera! :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Price wise, you want to compare the SJ4000 $110 (camera + 32GB card) against the Hero+ bundle $192 (and not the Hero4 Black). Both cameras shoot in 1080p, but the SJ does not shoot at 1080p 60fps (you probably do want 60fps for smooth motorcycle clips).
Also the sensor of the two cameras is not the same (I believe the SJ use a Panasonic sensor, while GoPro has a Sony one). There are videos on YouTube to compare the image quality. I think the Hero+ is marginally better.

Also the SJ5000 shoots in interpolated 4K 24fps, not true 4K 30fps like the Hero4 Black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts