• No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if you can answer this poll for me. I have an idea of how many have it but wondering if it's true.

Do you have ad blocker installed on your device to keep ads from appearing on this and other forums/sites you visit?

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Have AdAway installed on my G4 (root required). Running Gargoyle firmware on my router which has built in adblocking option, so no need for it on the computers.

·
Registered
479 Posts
The majority of people who don't have adblocker are those who don't know what it is and may not click on this thread to begin with lol.

I have adblocker, however, I disabled it on this site and every other forum I use. I support forums.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The majority of people who don't have adblocker are those who don't know what it is and may not click on this thread to begin with lol.

I have adblocker, however, I disabled it on this site and every other forum I use. I support forums.
This is what we are wondering. We sponsor this forum along with many others but wondering if we are getting our money's worth with the banners being shown through the forum. I believe many use adblocker and don't even see our banner and therefore forget about the sponsors that help keep this site going. There aren't too many of us left so if you are wanting to get something for your bike look to your sponsors first before all others!!! Thanks. Tripage

·
Registered
433 Posts
no ad blocker here. don't really mind any of the ads. i always have gone to the sponsors first. i have found that you guys are the ones who care the most

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm a webmaster running my own company online in IT field; approx 70% of our users have adblock installed.
From 2016 we are locking the website until the user put the website on whitelist, we just deliver max three banners for every page all of them outside the main content. Didn't ever use pupup or any invasive adv.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts

I know what it is... Still I don't use it...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I will never use or read Forbes articles online again because of what they do. I am that adamant about ad-block

·
Registered
190 Posts
This is what we are wondering. We sponsor this forum along with many others but wondering if we are getting our money's worth with the banners being shown through the forum. I believe many use adblocker and don't even see our banner and therefore forget about the sponsors that help keep this site going. There aren't too many of us left so if you are wanting to get something for your bike look to your sponsors first before all others!!! Thanks. Tripage
I use ad-block, but I also come here and check the forum vendors for specials, sales, group-buys, etc. when I'm looking to buy something. If it's not something advertised, I'll still reach out and try to give them my business unless they are crazy over priced on an item. In my opinion, seeing a vendor active on a forum, having positive interactions with members and customers, is why I buy from them. Their banners flashing, even if I did see them, would not influence me as much as that interaction does, if at all.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I used to run Firefox with NoScript plugin for a while, but have since switched to chrome with no adblocking. That being said, I also have handed out your little business cards you send with orders because I like your products. If anyone asks me where to get stuff I always send them to one of the vendors who post here frequently for the same reason I handed out your cards, the products and people typically are proof enough that it was worth shopping with them. Tripage, Motomummy, TSTIndustries (disputing a part fitment issue with TST right now though, we'll see how that goes) are where I go the most. Then Revzilla or STG if I can't find what I want on one of the first 3.

Reactions: tripage

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,907 Posts
i use adblocker ONLY because of the awful ads that showed up on here that were videos with sound. they were incredibly invasive and had to be muted individually. prior to that the ads never bugged me.

if it's strictly a visual thing, no big deal. but when it's in the form of popups with false close buttons or ads that hijack the sound on your computer, that's the end of it for me.

i feel like the vendors on this site that use the site regularly (tripage, tst, disco, etc) are likely to do better because they are people behind the business. having a bunch of ads doesn't entice me to purchase from a vendor, seeing him support his product and answer questions personally will often draw me towards a purchase.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts