Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I find these articles interesting but I hate the way they make ALL riders look. When someone like my mother sees a motorcycle rider on the freeway going fast she goes and says I dont want you riding that thing. Just because she sees someone else doing it she thinks I would do it too. I think that is how the rest of the uninformed public see it too.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I feel like it is only sportbikes that get this sort of treatment though, because when I first got a motorcycle someone told me oooooh you got a crotch rocket, dont be speeding, i know how YOU GUYS are. Things like this sorta make sportbikes look bad especially when they have tv shows about cruisers and that sort of thing making them look better. No offense to anyone with a cruiser.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sport bike riders do come off in this article as immature and have no regard for the "safety of the public". But I do admit here in Denver I have seen some riders do some crazy things like riding a wheelie in heavy traffic going at least 65mph. But as far as speeding is concerned we should have an auto bahn, after all we have the space to build one and why should all the europeans have all the fun.:evil1:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Yeah, thanks to Sam Tilley in MN, we now have a law that anyone caught going over 100 gets thier license yanked for 6 months. I guess it doesnt really matter to me because I rarely go over 80, but still...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yesterday i went out for a ride and went by a white van parked on the side of the road. I slowed down and passed it, but noticed once i got next to it that there was a honda VTX in front of it and two people that appeared to be tinkering on it. I went up the road a bit, flipped a bitch, and came back. I stopped behind their van and discovered a son (rider) and his dad working on the bike. I asked if there was anything i could do to help, and the dad said it just ran out of gas. He poured some in and it started right up. They both shook my hand, said thanks and wished me safe riding.
I've read on other boards that riders frequently stop for each other, to see if everything's all right. I think if people see sportbike riders acting like the decent people that most of them are, it will help with the stigma we've all got.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
ride within your limits i guess.. yeah sportbikes have a bad rep. hell i got pulled over the other day on the highway when i was going 70 in the middle lane with cars passin me left and right. he said something about hearing me from down the road. and i said "i saw u from down the road" and then he gave me crap about my larry's fe being folded up.. i said ok thanks have a good day officer!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Everyone is quilty of speeding on a motorcycle and it doesn't matter what your ride. I'll drive 45 mph in my truck and on the same road I'll ride 60-70 with the bike and not even realize it. When your bike can hit a 100 mph faster then most cars then can hit 60 your bound to push the limits, even if its just for a few seconds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts