• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you would like to see a "like" and "dislike" feature added to the forum? Similar to Facebook. I have heard this idea tossed around in the echo chambers before, and it turns out it is a feature that can be utilized on the site if it is something that could be found useful.

The pros of a system like this could be coming up with a "best solution" kind of thing in a trouble shooting thread rather than a user having to quote a reply and post just to agree with it. It could also be used to determine whether a user is a positive or negative influence to the forum. (Don't ban me!)

The cons obviously could be an abuse of the system by people holding personal grudges. Or the feature may not be used at all.

What are your thoughts on this? Vote up and post your opinion!

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd personally like to see the feature added. I think it could be a useful tool when someone asks a question and one particular reply hits the nail on the head.

Also just to "like" a hilarious post that deserves some props!

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Stuck.

Id like to hear peoples opinions on this rather than just see the votes. Lets get this figured out this week.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Grida600 likes this :crackup::thumbup:

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
I think you should just keep it like FB and only add a "like" feature to this. Too many tards would abuse the "dislike" feature and tunr dot net into an average youtube comment section with half the responses flagged.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ I agree with that. But I am not sure if we can just do one or the other.

RawRR?

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
i despise & typically leave the site when some of the vendors list pages of stuff for sale
many times having nothing to do with hondas or 600cc bikes in general. takes up like 5 pages of b.s. that we have to muddle through
exasperating..............

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
i despise & typically leave the site when some of the vendors list pages of stuff for sale
many times having nothing to do with hondas or 600cc bikes in general. takes up like 5 pages of b.s. that we have to muddle through
exasperating..............
is it just me or is there ne body else who is having trouble seeing the point and/or relevance this post has upon the subject...?

personally i do not see many benefits to adding a like/dislike button...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i dont think it would bring any benefits to the forum but im not against it

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I think it is a perfect idea for the dot net whores!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I think you should just keep it like FB and only add a "like" feature to this. Too many tards would abuse the "dislike" feature and tunr dot net into an average youtube comment section with half the responses flagged.

:+1: Valid point. I think its a good idea. But we shouldn't make to where the site become obnoxious.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I come bhere to get away from the facebook BS so...no thanks

·
BOTM Winner 03/13
3,143 Posts
I don't like how it operates on FB and whether it would work on here will depend upon whether enough people use it honestly. The most helpful threads are usually stickied and there's not a lot of trash in some of the sub forums anyway e.g. the How to section is 90% killer 10% filler. It's very easy to find the useful stuff in there.

I voted against it, purely because I hate how it works on Facebook, but I wouldn't cry if it was tested here for a while to see if it works any better.

I

·
0 Posts
I don't think it would add anything to the forum. If anything I think it would take away from it because many members may just simply hit like/dislike and not actually take the time to chime in which is always better IMO.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
I don't mind the idea, however a trial period would certainly be advantageous.

Does it work similar to f/b where you have the members name as liking or disliking or more like youtube where it just gives a number? IMO the youtube implementation is better.

And I wouldn't mind trialling Coons idea either...

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
I say try it out. I don't think I would use it much if at all. I think if it were implemented then it should be like a youtube count system and that count displayed on the thread lists. This way you can scroll down the list of threads and avoid ones that have negative marks.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.