Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Adding Another Beautiful Bike and Piece of Motocycle History To The Stable! *NEW PICS

Before I bought my RR I owned a 1991 Kawasaki Ninja EX-500. I sold that so I could pay cash for the CBR. When I sold it I was torn between the CBR, I now own, and a Buell Firebolt XB12R. Our local Buell stealer in Omaha had a used XB9R, with a Jardine exhaust, a couple of springs ago that they let me test ride. What an AWESOME BIKE! They wanted $7k for it and I would have bought it, but I was in a big financial struggle at that point. So, when I got myself out of that predicament I ended up going with the CBR for a few different reasons and passed on the Buell.

When I found out a few months ago that Harley was shutting down Buell I was bummed because I still want one! I'm completely out of debt except for my truck and I didn't want to put myself in anymore so I didn't think I was going to get one now. I went to our stealer here just to see if they had any left on the showroom floor and how much they were letting them go for. They didn't have any left but there were 3 in Ames, Iowa that they were willing to get for me for $7100. I went back home crunched some numbers and decided I could handle the debt for that price!

I went back home last weekend to Missouri so I got on Buell's website and searched for others around this area. Ended up finding a lot of them in Missouri. Called all the stealerships in Missouri and ended up finding the best price out of all the local stealers. Found one in Grandview (around KC) and they were asking $6495 OTD!!

SO, last week I put a $500 deposit down on an 2009 Buell Firebolt XB12R (Arctic White/Blue wheels and windscreen) with 4 miles on the odometer! They are holding it for me until next weekend and I'm dropping another $1,000 on it and financing the rest!

I love these bikes. They are so BEAUTIFUL!

**EDIT** Picked up the bike this last weekend! :thumbup::thumbup: to Gail's Harley Davidson/Buell in Grandview, Missouri! Very friendly and just a great buying experience with these guys!

Teaser Pic. More pics on post #10

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
nice ride man...i got a couple buddies with those...they look like fun...i like the buell XB naked bikes too

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I wanted the 2010 Villain Black with blue wheels/windscreen. Good luck finding one of those though if they even got any of them made. But as for what is available the white and blue paint scheme looks beautiful! I already have a black RR so I thought I would go the opposite direction in the Buell. The RR is hard enough to keep clean by itself. I didn't think I would enjoy cleaning two black bikes.

Only pic I can find of the 2010 besides their website. But I can't link the pic on the website.

·
Registered
98 Posts
oh by the way......i sat on your bike before you even had it! haha i sat on all 3 cause i could! all the buells there are dirt cheeap. god pick up man

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up the Buell this last weekend!!

:thumbup::thumbup: to Gail's Harley Davidson/Buell in Grandview, Missouri! Very friendly and just a great buying experience with these guys!

Walked in and talked to Allen, my salesman. My girlfriend and I sat at his desk and got all the paperwork done up. He then took us to meet Gail, the owner of the dealership. Real nice and VERY energetic lady. Then, we went to their apparel and they gave me 2 free Buell t-shirts. I got one for me and one for the gf. After that they took us back to the service department and introduced us to those guys. After that, we went to the parts counter and met the head guy in parts. I bought some nice Harley Davidson ratchet straps to secure her for the ride back up to Omaha. After that, we went back to financing and signed the title and other paperwork.

When we finished up with that they brought the bike out and put it up on this little stage they have and took my picture with the bike. They announced over the intercom that I was the proud new owner of a Buell XB12R and they tell you to go around the corner and a ring a hanging bell for good luck and the whole dealership went crazy cheering and clapping. They gave me a free mousepad with the dealership name on it that holds the picture they took. I shot some more pics with my camera and Allen went over the bike with me. After that, they took me back to meet one of their mechanics that is supposedly their in house Buell expert. He showed me how to setup the suspension for my weight and we got it dialed in according the owners manual for my weight. Got it loaded in my truck and headed back to Omaha.

I know most of you on this forum won't be looking into a Harley or Buell, but again great buying experience with this dealership. If you are looking at maybe buying a Harley or something and are within driving distance I highly recommend Gail's! :shakehand

I can't wait for it to warm up and this effing snow to melt so I can take this thing for a spin!

·
Registered
411 Posts
IS THAT BRETT THE HITMAN HART!?!?! J/K

Congrats on the new bike.. looks sweet!

·
Registered
579 Posts
i like the bike but ill be honest, that upper would be gone in a hot minute. id sell that and put an acerbis on it, would look that much better as a regular fighter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts