Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

I have had a hornet for about 4 years and im thinkin of gettin an rr600.
Im looking at two bikes and have a few questions. There are two bikes which im looking at both at the same price.

1-2007 rr7 10k Mileage
2-2006 rr5 0Miles

Which one would you reccomend? And whats the difference between the two. Another question I had was weather these bikes have stearing dampers on em as standard and if not if you'd suggest gettin one fitted. Im from the UK, and thank anyone for thir input..Any other 600rr tips and hints would be great fi you can spare the time :D Thanks.....:ciao:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Honda did not put steering dampers on their 600RR from factory. They did on the 1000RR, though.

If I were you, I'd take the '06 with 0 miles. The '07 had an appearance overhaul from the '05-'06 and I understand it's a few lbs lighter. I'm sure someone else can provide a more comprehensive list of differences than me, though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
the 07 has an electronically controlled damper (hesd) it's located under the tank cover and functional not overly stiff and plenty for anything other than all out track riding
as a hole the 07 plus bike is lighter and more powerful but there is nothing wrong with the 06

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Honda did not put steering dampers on their 600RR from factory. They did on the 1000RR, though.

If I were you, I'd take the '06 with 0 miles. The '07 had an appearance overhaul from the '05-'06 and I understand it's a few lbs lighter. I'm sure someone else can provide a more comprehensive list of differences than me, though.
woohoo, i love wrong information. The 07+ has an electronic steering dampner HESD. It was much more than an appearance overhaul in 07. the entire bike is changed, lighter, more powerful, nothing is the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts