Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice on 2up riding, tried to bring up old thread but never could get a response so I thought I would start a new one. When riding with a passenger I get sore wrist, seems like we both are doing all we can. Her hands are sitting on the tank and none of her weight is on my back. We both press in with our knees, I have a loose grip on the handlebars, sometimes when I press down on the pegs it helps relieve some pressure off my wrist but the soreness just comes right back. I know that the RR is not great for passengers but any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Moeman what is your definition of being squared up on the bike? I took it as having your shoulders horizontally even on the bike, but did you mean sitting straight up on the bike as being squared?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
What your describing sounds like its not really an issue that has to do with a passenger.. only thing I can think of is during turning (probably more lowspeed than relatively-highspeed) having more weight on the bike than w/o a passenger.. do you lean, steer with your pegs, or countersteer?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Only thing I can think of quickly is the pushing on the bars part.. because you're fighting more weight to move out of the gyroscopical plane..

I never had any issues with passengers tho, but I dont countersteer much anymore

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Not really bad imho.. I like to lean-steer/foot steer more because you're basically steering with the entire bike, instead of putting all the workload on the front wheel. It also is usually slower, and more smooth.

However, I would still countersteer sometimes to keep your reflexes up on it.. it's good for slight adjustments mid-corner, or more aptly, quick transitions and emergency situations.. so every now and then I wiggle back and forth countersteering to keep the feel of it.. but hell, I lean off every chance I get on the street, even at 5mph :)

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Blizz
sent you a pm with a great write up check it out

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Blizzle RR said:
Moe
Thanks for the write up appreciate your help!!
any time man
i hope its helpful and a step into the right direction :walk:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Blizzle, I think you might want to change the angle of the clutch levers, I don't think it's the 2up riding wholy. That is IF your left wrist hurts more than your right (cause you clutch more than you break.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts