Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Sorry if this has came up before, ive used search but nothing came up for the 05.
Friend of mine was interested in going to check out a cbr600rr 05 and wants me to go with her and test ride etc etc.
Im no mechanical wiz so id like to ask on here if there's anything on the 05's i should keep an eye out for? Common problems with the 05's etc?:retard:

cheers. B

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply eN, i'll be alright with most of the basic stuff to look for when checking the bike, but is there anything specifically on the 05 that are common problems?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Umm. Don't quote me on this, because I don't own a bike in the year range, but there was a thread up about a week ago where someone was complaining about his '03 doing something it shouldn't (or not doing something it should, I don't really remember lmao), and found out (according to some replies in that thread) that it may be a common problem in 600RRs between '03-'06...

Found the thread buried back on page 3 lol. Here you go:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=190119

Might wanna read it over carefully before bumping it if you don't have to. Good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
All the thread above was talking about is that the fuel pump went bad I believe, should't be too hard a fix. Also I believe the 03-06 bikes the 05-06 bikes for sure, some had a rectifier problem and the bike has trouble starting when it's hot. Never had this problem with my 03 so cant comment on how easy it is to fix.

·
Registered
131 Posts
All the thread above was talking about is that the fuel pump went bad I believe, should't be too hard a fix. Also I believe the 03-06 bikes the 05-06 bikes for sure, some had a rectifier problem and the bike has trouble starting when it's hot. Never had this problem with my 03 so cant comment on how easy it is to fix.

My 05 had this problem numerous times during bikeweek and biketober fest.... all the ambient heat from thousands of bikes, and 2 mph traffic (when you can actually move) caused my bike to get really hot... I made the mistake twice of stopping for food and to observe and having my battery dead.

Nothing a push start followed by a battery tender overnight didn't fix, but still.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts