Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a reckless driving ticket today at hilton head SC. My drivers license is a PA license, but i just moved here to beaufort SC about 2months ago. The ticket was 440 bucks (which sucks) but I am worried about the 6 points he said I will receive. My question is, I have heard b4 if you get a ticket with points involved and dont have that states license the points dont cross over state to state, is this true? Anyone have this problem before?

please dont flame or you will be banned!!! haha jk just not in the mood to read crap like, shouldnt be doing that, or good for ya, or it will save ya life someday. ty

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
sooner or later you will probably have to get a SC license. THen the points will show up.

Get a lawyer dude and fight it, take a driving school, whatever you have to do.

Got busted riding a wheelie huh???

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eazy e said:
sooner or later you will probably have to get a SC license. THen the points will show up.

Get a lawyer dude and fight it, take a driving school, whatever you have to do.

Got busted riding a wheelie huh???
yea E. 86 in a 45. It was the most horrible feeling in the world. Camero cop car to. I pulled over b4 he even had to leave the side of a road. I was going over a bridge at the time. I cant fight it bc its not like I didnt do what he said I did you know. I am just going to go to court and see what I can do by myself bc I cant afford a lawyer, hell I dont even know where I am going to get 440 bucks by 8/12!
O well, I am done with crazy driving period. It took me a hefty fine and points to keep me from ripping the car around and now its the bikes turn to slow down.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
well, I'm not saying fight it cause you're "not guilty" but try like hell to get it reduced. Offer to take a driving school. DO WHATEVER!

those points on your license will kill you in the long run.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I don't know if SC is like this but in Iowa you don't have to pay all of the ticket off by then. Hell as long as you're putting $5 down a month on the ticket, they see you're not gaffing it (which you actually are in a way) and they won't ride you for it, but it will show up on your record as unpaid untill it's fully paid.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
thedude said:
I don't know if SC is like this but in Iowa you don't have to pay all of the ticket off by then. Hell as long as you're putting $5 down a month on the ticket, they see you're not gaffing it (which you actually are in a way) and they won't ride you for it, but it will show up on your record as unpaid untill it's fully paid.
Tickets in Iowa are Super Cheap! This ticket would have been like $75 back home...

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
well if you moved there and get a license in SC, chances are the ticket will transfer over to you. if you keep a Pa license, it's up to the two states whether the ticket shows up on your driving record. i know my NC ticket when i was licensed in VA didn't show up on my record. good luck and get it reduced.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
keep your PA license, PA doesnt listen to a lot of states, namely VA...
So chances are the ticket is posted with your name under SC cops thingy, but not on your license so it wont affect your insurance.

the same thing happened to me here in VA with my NC license and it still hasnt hit my license even tho it was 8 months ago.

·
Registered
127 Posts
When you move you have to get a new liscense in the state you are living. I think the grace period is 6 to 8 weeks. If the cop finds out you have been living in the new state he can hammer you with another ticket.

·
Registered
767 Posts
you could fake your death....
i heard thats not illegal unless you do it for money....

if it is...

dont do it...
heck i suggest nuthin ...

disregard this post...

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm just going to go to court and see if I can do anything to minimize the fine.

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
Must have been Beaufort County.. Yeah, your screwed.... They might reduce it if your lucky, just depend on how you acted when he pulled you over. Nowhere to go on a bridge in this town.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it was at hilton head paul....and I pulled over b4 he even pulled out. I was super polite and gave him all the right info instead of lying and saying I lived in PA. I wouldnt say I am screwed you Dic* lol. Trial is 8/12

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
The fine is not as bad as the points when your insurance finds out.... The court systems wants your money!!!!! Offer to take a driving class or aggressive driving class, if they can no points and just fine you.. If this is your first offense,
Call the Ticket Clinic, they are everywhere and are the best at getting bikers charges reduced..
Good luck, and be glad you didn't get the blue hair judge I had, she would have taken my license had me serve 60 days if it was up to her.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the officer said if it was his partner I would be in jail right now. thanks for the advice, i am hoping for the best

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
You don't want to go to jail!!!!!! Trust me, you think they have it good??? They don't...
If you have a D!ck judge at your first appearance, they will find you judicatated and fine you and assess the points, they will not even ask you what happened.... I would call a SC lawyer and let them know what happened...If you have a good record they might be able to get this one taken off... Another thing lawyers are in good with some of the judges, so you after your first appearance they will know which judge you are going to have..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts