Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 that I ride street and recently got an 07 for the track. I've been seriously thinking about giving up the street riding. Debating selling the 05/ street BUT I cant decide how to go about it. Sorry for such a long read but any advise/ opinions you guys might have would be greatly appreciated.

Cant decide whether to sell the bike as it is, with all the aftermarkets (in my siggy), part them and sell the bike stock (salvage title/ 30k) or part the whole thing. I wouldn't feel comfortable selling the bike unless I disclosed or fixed the following: No one is gonna want this welded crank case so I probably need to put another motor in it. Needs a new cam chain tensioner. Leaking fork seal (tiny leak but still there). The bike itself is beautiful. The plastics are very nice.
So I guess my questions are
How much can I get for a full Akra titanium 05/06??
Do I put a new motor in it, replace the tensioner and fork seal and sell it with the goodies even tho it's a salvage title?
OR just part the whole thing out.

HELP :retard: THANKS

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Try and sell it as it first if it sells so be it if it does not go the other route and part it out
no need to put more money into it unless you are loaded

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
if the price is right i would take the arata PM me or something

it says "AKRA"

like moe said try selling it as is first, then go the other route if you arent able to sell it

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so how much would i even ask for it? like i said, has nice aftermarkets but it's salvage, 30k miles, welded crank case, needs cam chain tensioner and fork seal. I'm lost. These bike are selling for 3500 with less aftermarkets but clean titles

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
yah i guess your right, im trying to sell my 06 with 7k miles with tons of goddies for 6500... you might make more just parting the whole bike

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Yeah somewhere in the ball park of $33-3500 since the owner would have to address those issues. I've seen 04's go for 5k but they were problem free and came with mods. Good luck either way. Let us know if you decide to part her out. I'll pick up a couple pieces from you!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I recommend parting out the upgrades and selling the bike stock. Buyers seldom want to pay above book value for bikes even with upgrades, so part them out and sell them separately for more money. I also wouldn't put more money into fixing the bike unless it can be easily done by yourself. If the bike rides well, be upfront with the buyer and things will work out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts