Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still in the market for a new bike and I believe I found a 2008 CBR600RR. Its 100% stock and I know I am going to put some work into it to make it look how I want.

The mods I'm looking at doing are Integrated Tail Light, Fender Elimnator, Flush Mount turn signals. So just looking for some suggestions, also pointed in a direction where I can get a good/fair price on the mods.

Currently I know for a fact that I will be doing an akrapovic exhaust slip-on, and these rear turn signals from Tripageled. http://tripageled.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=108_116&product_id=118

I have been tossing the idea around of the Tripageled Integrated Tail from them as well, but also the kit from TST Industries. Just not sure if there is anything I am over looking or should take a look at. I have not bought the CBR yet, but I'm pricing out total cost (bike + mods) to see what kind of investment I will be doing.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
For the mods you want, you've already mentioned the two companies that 99% of people will suggest (tripage & TST). You won't go wrong with either of them for quality and customer service. Buy with confidence.

Good luck with buying the bike :)

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
For the mods you want, you've already mentioned the two companies that 99% of people will suggest (tripage & TST). You won't go wrong with either of them for quality and customer service. Buy with confidence.

^^^ Agreed 100% ^^^

·
Registered
109 Posts

+1... I have the TST Pro Combo and it looks amazing on my 07

·
Registered
10 Posts
Shorty levers, bar ends, grips, bubble wind shield, HIDs, rim tape, flush mounts.

Those are what I could think of on the top of my head.
:+1: Completely agree. I would add frame sliders and rear spool sliders. Nice frame slider tips add to your flavor plus the protection helps (god forbid). I just put LED lights on mine that i got for Christmas. Fell in Love! :cruising:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Please don't do HID's without projectors, they just splash light around.
Projectors are extremely important. I bought mine without the projectors and its like holding a super bright flashlight on the widest setting! There is light in front of you but its not focused anywhere. Its just.....out there. :banghead:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Projectors are extremely important. I bought mine without the projectors and its like holding a super bright flashlight on the widest setting! There is light in front of you but its not focused anywhere. Its just.....out there. :banghead:
Not to mention you will piss off every oncoming vehicle... you just hope one doesnt cross into your lane and blame it on the fact your headlights blinded them

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not to mention you will piss off every oncoming vehicle... you just hope one doesnt cross into your lane and blame it on the fact your headlights blinded them
Yes, I'm always glad to see people push others to projectors.

As someone that ran off the road due to someone with these ridiculous bulbs blinding me and making me unable to see the curve... Do it right or don't do it. The "well people can see me better!" argument is stupid :banghead:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the tips and ideas guys I appreciate it. Pricing this out makes me happy my current CBR had all the usual mods already done to it haha. It all adds up quick.

One more thing and I feel like in my searching on the forums its been discussed over and over but I always see conflicting opinions or maybe I just don't understand engine terms too well. But assuming I get an AK slip on exhaust will I need a PC to remap? Or will the stock map be fine? Biggest thing is I am unsure of are the consequences to not mapping. A PC seems to be adding another 300-400. And I can't seem to find if it really matters or not.

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
Power Commander V

Have a look at the following post from my build thread and more specifically the top Dynojet chart indicating Air-Fuel Ratio.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php?p=3620967&postcount=210

I originally had an Akrapovič slip-on and K&N air filter fitted and prior to fitting a PCV my CBR was running very lean between 4-13,000 rpm. Some may advocate that a PCV is not a worthwhile investment but that's their prerogative. Whilst it is not always necessary to install one a simple power run on a Dyno will enable you to check whether it is actually required. By conducting a power run it will allow you to check the Air-Fuel Ratio and identify any outstanding issues. For me the installation of a PCV and subsequent mapping ensured that throttle response was improved significantly and my fuelling issue was addressed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts