Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

How many know about the BAS(Bank Angle Sensor) on their bike? Also what/how it wrks?

• I had no idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What the helshums is a BAS(Bank Angle Sensor)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this might seem stupid but I wrecked my bike an the forks cracked (see thread in CBB "best not to sho off") . Anyway the fork oil exploded all over the bike and recently it won't start. It turns over fine but no spark or fuel I'm wondering if the fork oil getting on the coil/plug wires are stopping the spark or could it be fuel or somethin else? Please help any advice will help. Thank you :gun1:
magne-z

Pm or reply

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way bike is a 2009 cbr600rr w/ only 5200 miles

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think something else broke in the crash.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
138 Posts
What happens when it doesn't start? Do you hear a relay, fuel pump, anything when you thumb the starter, gauges do their start up?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What happens when it doesn't start? Do you hear a relay, fuel pump, anything when you thumb the starter, gauges do their start up?[/QUOT:drunk:E]

Everything lights up except headlights(they broke off). No fuel pump prime tho, wheni I press primer motor just turns an turns. See my thread in crash bang boom for pics thread name is best not to show off thus following results.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks guys I seen the plug for the bas (bank angle sensor) was unplugged. It is located on my 2009 on the front fairing in between the headlight mounts. I plugged it in an held the fairing in place an when I pushed the starter the bike fired right up. I'm still somewhat new to bikes thank you all for your help. I thought it was some major problem turned out to be some dumb, picky a$$ little sensor.
:cruising:
:shakehand:
:drunk:

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Connect the two outside wires on that (BAS) plug together to bypass it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts