Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up here in Asheville for the summer and don't know my way around. So I go on the bike and find a salon on GPS and this nice lady Charlene cuts my hair.

She tells me where this awesome little restaurant is that serves local trout. She claims the trout comes from Brevard Co., NC. Must be near Asheville, I have no clue. But here is the view from my table on the back deck, I suspect as fresh as the trout tasted it came right from below here:

She explains I want to take HWY 9 right out of Asheville for some true leaning fun. The sign on HWY 9 greets me and its all pleasure from there:

I see a deer and stop. Expecting it to run, instead she challenges me and the Honda to a face-off so I shoot a Blackberry pic

Then another deer joins the face-off against me and the Honda and I get another pic

Now lets do this whole scenario 3 times with a 3rd deer

This old block building post office in Bat Cave, NC was worth a rest stop pic

·
Registered
497 Posts
she called for backup. lol

·
Registered
497 Posts
she called for backup. lol

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i think the same thing here where I work, mostly wooded, lucky to even have a wal mart here, lol, but when I see the deer like that, I kind of stop like you did and have a face off with them, same crap happens, and I just try to creep by praying they dont decide to play chicken with me...stupid deer

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice pics... North Carolina is great!!

You're in Asheville, huh?? I might be moving to Asheville here very soon! Have to meet up...
Thanks, PM me if you head up this way

I'll be up here till it gets cold then I'm going home to FL

Isn't this where Honda used to have the Honda Hoot Rallies way back in the day. Am I dating myself:stickyman
dunno, I'm a stranger to the whole place, although I bring my bikes up a good bit

·
Registered
491 Posts
Steve, you just love teasing us, don't you?:toothy4:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i'll be at the gap on monday, my buddy busted out a sparatic trip and we'll be there for the day on monday ;) pm me for contact info if you want to meet up, we'll be parking down at the gravel pull off near the foothills

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'll be at the gap on monday, my buddy busted out a sparatic trip and we'll be there for the day on monday ;) pm me for contact info if you want to meet up, we'll be parking down at the gravel pull off near the foothills
lucky dogs, I'll be working Monday!

·
Registered
133 Posts
u only riding on monday? i gotta work too, but can swing tue. if your still around.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My Parents have a house up in Bat Cave. I guess I'm spoiled by Highway 9. I really need to take a trip up there and go for a good ride, its been too long.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My Parents have a house up in Bat Cave. I guess I'm spoiled by Highway 9. I really need to take a trip up there and go for a good ride, its been too long.
Man if you're in Charlotte you're just down the street. How can you not ride 2 hours and be in the mountains????

Let me know if you come up this way and if we time it right a few of us can ride together

1 - 20 of 20 Posts