Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a 2003 cbr600rr and just recently had my left side bar end vibrate off i guess, noticed one day getting off the highway that it was missing. so now i need some new wons and was wondering what size bar ends i would need 50mm, 25mm or any other spec i must take into consideration before purchasing these, thanks..

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Are you dead set on aftermarket bar-ends? The stock ones are about $20 each at the dealer. They're also used as bar-end weights to dampen vibrations. Mine did the same thing. I just bought a new one and used Indian head gasket as loctite to keep them from falling off again.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I want some OEM ones again, i got the lockhart phillips carbons and i liked the way they looked, but I noticed that the bars did vibrate a little more then usual.

So i would go with the OEM's !

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
I got the LP billet bar ends.. did a long group ride.. Highway and twisties... The stock bar ends went back on as soon as I got home...

I ride daily.. didn't notice it too much.. but after about the 100 mile mark I had already made up my mind.

Stick with the Stocks.. IMO

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have some aftermarket ones I picked up on ebay.

Picture is abit blurry but they are pretty wicked. Engraved RR on the tips.

·
Registered
856 Posts
My bar ends always look uneven, almost like they dont fit perfectly. And they can be rotated all the way around even though there is a groove on each tip...

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I switched to Vortex bar ends and I noticed that the bars were vibrating a lot more. I thought it was me bike being mad at me, but after reading this i tihnk i'm gunna switch back to oem.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Gundy said:
My bar ends always look uneven, almost like they dont fit perfectly. And they can be rotated all the way around even though there is a groove on each tip...
They're made to do that. Just make sure you have some kind of loc-tite on the philips head bolts. They rotate with the inner weight.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I installed my stock ones today and rode most of the afternoon to see if I could notice a difference, and I didn't notice at all. I threw my other RR engraved aftermarket ones on and if anything they are heavier then the stock ones.. But I didn't notice a difference honestly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts